PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Comittment

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Comittment

Postby MustangMatt » Mon Dec 04, 2000 11:52 am

Richard Bartel Grapevine QB 6-4 175 SMU
This is from the DMN.
Here is the link, scroll down, he is the last one talked about out of three. <A HREF="http://www.dallasnews.com/sports_day/colleges/football/230280_04hsrecruit.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dallasnews.com/sports_day/colleges/football/230280_04hsrecruit.html</A>

------------------
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!
GO PONIES!
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!<BR>GO PONIES!
MustangMatt
Junior Varsity

Re: Comittment

Postby GrapevineMustang » Mon Dec 04, 2000 2:42 pm

Bartel is a tall kid with a big arm. He's a little skinny (at 6-4, he's the same height as Josh McCown, but at 175 he's 40 pounds lighter). He has shown ability to avoid a rush, but he's not quick. Probably at least a year away from playing.
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Re: Comittment

Postby Corso » Mon Dec 04, 2000 8:53 pm

Not so fast, my friend! He's not quite locked up.

Name: Richard Bartel
Position: Quarterback
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 185
High School: Grapevine
Hometown: Grapevine, TX

School - - - -Interest Level
SMU - - - - Soft Commitmen
Louisiana Tech - - - - Low Interest (12/08/2000)

Commentary by: Geoff Ketchum of Lone Star Recruiting.com

One of the top quarterbacks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex has decided to stay home and attend college at SMU. “Yes sir, I committed to SMU,” Grapevine, Texas quarterback Richard Bartel said. “I thought that the visit was outstanding. The player and coaches were very organized. I’m very happy right now.” The 6-4, 185-pound quarterback was one of the area leaders in passing this season with more than 2,000 yards. “It’s something that I have always wanted and something that I have worked hard for,” Bartel said. Bartel, who the Mustangs second verbal pledge, still plans to visit Louisiana Tech next weekend on an official visit.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Return to Recruiting