PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

First Offensive Lineman commits - SCOTT DALE

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

First Offensive Lineman commits - SCOTT DALE

Postby Corso » Fri Dec 15, 2000 12:51 pm

Scott Dale, a 6-4, 290-pound offensive lineman from Arlington (Texas) Grace Prep, announced Thursday he has given a verbal (non-binding) commitment to play for SMU. The first day a player can sign a national letter-of-intent is Feb. 7.

Dale chose the Mustangs over Louisiana Tech and Vanderbilt.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Re: First Offensive Lineman commits - SCOTT DALE

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 15, 2000 1:58 pm

Well it is about time. I cannot explain how happy I am to finally see a O-lineman commitment. The size is something that I am very excited about because this kid will probably be able to pack it on. Now, I just need to see at least five more of these bigins to be completely happy. Please!!!!!!

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 15, 2000 2:33 pm

Hip Hip Hooray....Hip Hip Hooray..!!!!!

Good job SMU. I like the size. Now let's just hope he does not get sick of football his freshman year and quit.

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 16, 2000 10:38 am

I thought the Mercado kid (310 lbs) from Irving gave a verbal recently? Granted, it's all just "talk" for now, but I thought he was coming, too. I'll feel a whole lot better if we see about 8-10 big guys sign in February!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PortlandPony » Sat Dec 16, 2000 1:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>I thought the Mercado kid (310 lbs) from Irving gave a verbal recently? Granted, it's all just "talk" for now, but I thought he was coming, too. I'll feel a whole lot better if we see about 8-10 big guys sign in February! </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The Mercado kid is still looking. He was in for a visit but has several big 12 schoo;s after him as well as Tulsa, and La Tech. He is one of those recruits who statred out with Texas, Fla. State, A$M ect. then got caught in the numbers game. He is now focusing on the SMU, Tulsa, La Tech's of the world, and would probably be a great catch for us. Corso seems to be really high on him. Also looks like we lost the Oklahoma lineman (Warmine?) to Tulsa this week.
PortlandPony

Postby Recruiting Guru » Mon Dec 18, 2000 2:19 am

You're right, the offensive lineman from Oklahoma -- Derek Warehime -- committed to Tulsa this week, and seems pretty solid in his commitment.

However, there should be no complaints about Scott Dale, either because he is coming from a private school or because he's big. He has been timed UNDER 5.0 in the 40-yard dash, which is exceptional for an offensive lineman, and he is not fat he's very strong. This guy anchored a line that opened holes for their tailback to run for more than 2,000 yards.

Also, before anyone goes nuts because he's a private school guy, keep in mind that his team is among the best private school teams in the nation and he excelled against every team they (Arlington Grace Prep) played.

Also, before he narrowed his choices to his final three, Kansas State was after him -- the same Kansas State that is coming to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl, is ranked in the top 20 every year (usually the top 10) and has a history in recent years of big, powerful, mobile offensive linemen.

Welcome aboard, Scott. Your jersey is waiting for you.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Return to Recruiting