PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Scholarships

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Scholarships

Postby Hilltopper » Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:28 pm

If we really lost Fred what'shisname, does this mean we have an extra scholarship to use on Corey Roberts or Shawn Willis?
Hilltopper
All-American

Re: Scholarships

Postby Bballer » Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:48 pm

Did Corey Roberts even visit? This is the guy from Carthage right? Someone told me that the coaches did not like his attitude and they were not going to persue him. If that is true, fire the coaches, we need this guy.
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:40 pm

I don't know if we need to fire the coaches over a recruit, as long as the recruit isn't the next Eric Dickerson. If this guy's a real bad apple, lose him. But I think there are a lot of recruits out there who act like they're THE MAN because they were all stars in high school, and their attitudes get straightened out in a hurry after about one practice in August. Have this guy mouth off while running past Leroy Price a few times -- his attitude won't last long, because Price will mangle him with a few tooth-rattling hits.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby mustangs2001 » Thu Feb 01, 2001 1:17 am

Do we have extra scholorships to grant due to the departure of McCowan, Murphy and a scholorship freshman that left the program last fall? Hopefully, we have a few scholorships to give out to a few walk ons that show potential and leadership!
mustangs2001

Postby ponytalk » Thu Feb 01, 2001 1:46 am

Sure seems like we should. We lost Kilpatrick and McCown. That is two I can think of. I think Murphy and the other injured guys keep their scholarships, I don't think they revoke them if they get injured so we won't have as many as you may think.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Big D » Sat Feb 03, 2001 6:14 pm

Those injury casualties that are no longer playing, retain their scholarship, but it is now picked up by the school, not the athletic department. Therefore, they do not count against our number of available scholarships. I'm not sure how McCown's ship is handled.
Big D
Scout Team

Return to Recruiting