PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Questions for Ponymon...

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Questions for Ponymon...

Postby ponytalk » Wed Feb 07, 2001 10:53 pm

You have said twice, I believe, that you have inside info on a big recruit and one that won't sign. Were you right? Who were they?

Comon Ponymon, you talked the talk, now walk the walk.
ponytalk
Varsity

Re: Questions for Ponymon...

Postby Ponymon » Thu Feb 08, 2001 12:04 am

You can guess who almost signed with Notre Dame by looking at the roster resumes. My source said that he had committed to them but changed his mind after further pressure from our coaching staff. (Speaks well of their persuasive powers doesn't it. I never mentioned a big recruit although my source thought Thweat was a big possibility long before anyone on this board mentioned his name.
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Questions for Ponymon...

Postby ponytalk » Thu Feb 08, 2001 4:09 am

I tried to search for the post about a big recruit, but I guess I dreamed that up or something.

How about this. You posted this...
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ponymon:
<B>It is my understanding from my contact who appears to be well connected that we only had 18 scholarships to give. One of the recruits is going to be "gray shirted" meaning that he will be given the scholarship at midyear. I have been given an idea of whom that might be, but will wait until after all are signed and see if the identity is disclosed by the coaching staff. "Gray shirting" is evidentally in vogue now which is how schools like Okl$homa can have so many commitments.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this true? Did this guy sign or are we waiting till mid year? If so, can you say who it is?

I am not trying to bust your you know whats, I really like your posts and you are on the ball. Just trying to get all the info I can out of you. I hope you understand.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Recruiting