PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

B-ball Recruiting

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

B-ball Recruiting

Postby smu'06 » Sun May 13, 2001 10:24 pm

There are two possible recruits, with big name daddy's.

Isiah Thomas has a son who is a 8th Grader or a Freshman. Who cares much about specifics, if he is half as good as his father, he is a PTPer.

Moses Malone has a son who is a sophmore or junior in the Houston area. I went to a bball camp at UNC with him a few years back. I remember him being a quick, sharp shooting guard. I have not heard any big waves about him. I know his brother plays at Houston, and I believe was a McDonald's ALL AMERICAN.

If ya'll can think of any others, just post 'em.

DIMENTia BABY!
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Re: B-ball Recruiting

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Mon May 14, 2001 11:41 am

Actually, the story of Moses Malone Jr. is a long & winding one. He's been at Texas Tech & Houston and quit both teams disgruntled. And I don't believe he was an All American because he was considered no better than a Top-50 prospect in Texas his senior year in high school. As for his little brother, who knows how good he is. But he has great bloodlines and he plays at a great high school over there in Clear Lake.
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: B-ball Recruiting

Postby smu'06 » Mon May 14, 2001 4:13 pm

Moses Jr. was not an All American, that was my mistake. He did partake in some of the other HS All State Classics, Reebok Capital Classic etc.

The younger malone, would be great, just for the name alone and the recognition for the program.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting