PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Matthew/Farst/Smith/Meeks/King

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Matthew/Farst/Smith/Meeks/King

Postby smu'06 » Mon May 28, 2001 1:52 am

From what I was reading on the Fox 7 page, Meeks, WR, seems like the easiest to get to play in navy and crimson.

King sounds like he can make the grades, if the Ivys are also looking at him. Also sounds like he is a great QB prospect...but do we need another top QB prospect, we have Bartel.

Farst sounds like he has his head on straight, and wants a good business/economics program, what better than SMU.

Matthew made an interesting comment about aTm, stating that it would be great for Farst, himself and Smith to all play for SMU. I say wouldn't it be great for the three to play HIGH ON THE HILLTOP AT FORD STADIUM?

FOX 7, What recruit are realistically within reach. All SMU needs is 2-3 stellar/above average years, and I think the optimism and old times will be back on track. LONG LIVE THE PONY EXPRESS!
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Re: Matthew/Farst/Smith/Meeks/King

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Mon May 28, 2001 11:10 am

Realistically, all the guys you mentioned are within reach at this point in the recruiting game. But the Mustangs have to show interest early to maintain an 'in' on these guys. We've been hearing SMU mentioned quite a bit very early this year which shows the staff has been hard at work.

The summer camp circuit could start bringing everything into focus. Then we have their senior seasons this fall. That's when the rubber seriously hits the road.
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting