PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Terrific Dallas prospect

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Terrific Dallas prospect

Postby Recruiting Guru » Sun Jun 03, 2001 4:50 pm

Hillcrest HS in Dallas has a WR/DB named Lakeldrick Bridges. Once lightly-regarded because of size, he has grown to 6-foot-2, although he's still a little light at 170. But this guy has blinding speed, and terrific overall athletic ability (runs track, HHS basketball star). With added strength, he could be a top-flight WR/DB prospect, especially with coaches' desire to get players at those positions with both size AND speed.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Re: Terrific Dallas prospect

Postby DallasDiehard » Wed Jun 06, 2001 6:30 pm

Never seen him play, so I can't tell you if he can catch, tackle, etc.

But I have seen him run track. He has wheels in the Johnnie Freeman/Trey Griffin/Kevin Garrett range.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby smu'06 » Wed Jun 06, 2001 7:59 pm

Does he have any interest in becoming a pony. 6'2" with speed sound dangerous and great! It would be fantastic to have him be a Herman Moore/ (Clean) Randy Moss type. Boy a Randy Moss caliber with Heisman hype would put SMU back on the map, as it has for our horned toad friends.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby The Q » Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:14 pm

Don't know if he has any interest in SMU. But I've seen him play. This kid's speed is just sick. Can never have enough speed. Look at what happens at the Florida schools - if they lose receivers to the pros, or a couple get hurt, they pull more sprinters off the bench. We need this kids with this kind of speed.
The Q
Varsity

Postby Recruiting Guru » Sun Aug 19, 2001 7:56 pm

Bridges now stands 6-3, and has bumped up his weight to the 175-180 range. He likes LSU (where his friend and former teammate Ryan Gilbert is a freshman this year), Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Arkansas and North Carolina.

However, there are rumors that he might give up football altogether to concentrate on basketball. From what I hear, that would be a major mistake. His athleticism alone makes him a decent basketball player, but as a football player, he has star potential.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby No Cal Pony » Mon Aug 20, 2001 3:53 pm

Sounds like a kid SMU could use. Boy "The Q" are you right about florida. I've got to watch them as they are my wife's alma mater. You can never have too much quick on a team. Hillcrest is so close to SMU, can more folks get out there to help get the SMU banner under this kid's nose? If he's gonna think unc, let's beat 'em and get him thinking SMU.

Go Ponies!
No Cal Pony
Varsity

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:37 pm

Think about the possibilities. Hypothetically, Freeman, Cardwell, and Comet start. One gets hurt, in comes Jay Taylor. Another pulls something, in comes Cedric Vinson. Or Trey Griffin. Then you add a 6-3 Hillcrest kid with wheels? What a group of wideouts they're putting together - keep up the good work, coaches
Hilltopper
All-American

Return to Recruiting