PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Top Area Prospects

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Top Area Prospects

Postby Coach Rob » Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:19 pm

Pony Power ask for some of the top players in 11-5A to keep an eye on. Here is a list of top area prospects. These athletes were taken from various state top 100 list as well as some of my personal favorites.

QB:Wes Bankston-Plano East,David Lofton-Plano West,Alexander Webb-High.Park

RB:Anthony Barnett-Dallas Carter
Bobby Layton-Dallas Skyline,Greg Gold-Irving
Vincent Meeks-Rockwall, Quinton Broussard-The Colony, Phillip Fuller-Irving Nimitz

WR Imageameon Collins-Bryan Adams, Xavier Mcguire
-Dallas Carter, Clifton Eddington-Skyline, Robert Timmons-F.M.Marcus,J.T. Perry-Allen, Travis Wilson-Carr.Creekview TE:Ledarrian Pickens-Desoto

OL:Justin Blaylock-Plano East, Neal Tweedie-Allen, Kyle Williams-H.P., Josiah Vinson-Irv.

DL:Corey Ford-Skyline, Larry Dibbles-Lanc., Marco Martin-Mesq., Darrian Billups-Ar.Bowie, Tulley Janszen-Keller

LB:Garnett Smith-Ar.Lamar, Aaron Harris-N.Mesq., Jimmy Morris-Skyline, Kelvin Flood-Kimgall, Kellen Tillman-Plano West, Matt Hines-Irving Nimitz

DB:Edorian McCullough-N.Garland, Tyler Smith-H.P., Vickel Vaughn-Pl.Wst.,Michael Hawkins-R.L.Turner, Matt Fawley-Richar.Pearce, Tim Stone-Skyline, JoJo Walker-Carr.Creekview

ATH: David Overstreet-Dallas Samuell, Lakeldrick Bridges-Hillcrest, Greg Johnson-Skyline

Remember that this list is strictly for recreational purposes and is in no way an official list. These are just athletes that I've seen or have been recommended by very reliable sources.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Re: Top Area Prospects

Postby Coach Rob » Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:28 pm

Please excuse any mistakes that were made, I was kinda excited when I compiled this list.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby PonyPower » Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:06 pm

Thanks Coach Rob -- that's quite a list. We appreciate all your input. You're going to overtake Recruiting Guru and Corso as our resident recruiting experts!

Glad you mentioned the WR at Marcus, Robert Timmons. I saw him play in 1999 when he was the QB at Roosevelt, and this kid is a freak. Even then, he was tall (6-4?), fairly muscular, had a very strong arm and was fast. The rumor was that as a 10th grader, he already had drawn attention from coaches at Florida State, Florida, Nebraska, Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, UCLA, etc.

Coach Rob, do you know Timmons? Is there a chance we can get him to stay in town, or do you know whether he'd be able to qualify? Also, I heard there was some big controversy when he moved from Roosevelt to Marcus -- something about whether he lived in the right area to go to that school, or something. Do you know more details?

What school do you coach at? All the info you've given PonyFans.com has earned your team another fan. Good luck in the fall.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby MustangFan » Sun Jun 17, 2001 4:11 pm

You really think that Highland Park QB can play? I've always heard he's the result of a really good system, and that he's not real big or talented. Am I wrong?
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Coach Rob » Sun Jun 17, 2001 6:23 pm

I am the runningbacks coach and recruiting coordinator at Dallas Skyline High School. As for as Timmons is concerned you know about as much as I do. However, if he qualifies I think he will leave the state. I spoke with Coach Gladden of Florida St. not long ago and he informed me that when he was out recruiting in May that he only got to visit about 10 schools in Texas before returning to Florida because of an illness....while he was in Texas he did stop by Flower Mound Marcus. Thats pretty impressive considering that Florida St., Notre Dame and a few others don't really recruit, they select the best.

As for Alexander at HP, he was one of those guys that I didn't see play but was referred to me by a reliable source. At any rate when you're in a good system your personal talents aren't required as much, instead you are required to make good decisions and thats one of his strengths. I plan on seeing him play this fall.

By the way, I appreciate the compliment, however I just love recruiting and take pride in my reports.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby MustangFan » Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:52 pm

Well, Coach Rob, you do a great job, and your reports are a real treat for us PonyFans. Throw out everything you think of for us. We appreciate it. And convince your top players to stay home to play in front of friends and family at SMU! They can help us get back to where we belong and be a part of something great at SMU.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:59 pm

welcome Coach Rob, thanks for the well informed scoop. Keep the Dallas kids home to get a great education and play in front of family in a great stadium.

Return to Recruiting