PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

recruting

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

recruting

Postby smu man » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:11 pm

give me your take on the billups brothers
smu man

Re: recruting

Postby Grider » Fri Jul 27, 2001 11:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smu man:
<B>give me your take on the billups brothers</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's pretty much no downside to these guys. Darrian is obviously a huge guy who can move which is what the Ponies desperately need on the D-Line. Based upon that, I think he has the opportunity to make an immediate impact on this defense.

With Cedric,pretty much the same attitude. I don't see a downside in this at all. With his size and very decent speed, he could be a real steal if he materializes as a player. I'm never one to turn down a chance to improve our secondary.

The Billups brothers could end up being a force to reckon with in the WAC. Good luck to both of them!! I'm sure they'll feel at home in the Red and Blue.

[This message has been edited by Grider (edited 07-27-2001).]
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby 91Stang » Fri Jul 27, 2001 2:38 pm

Can someone post the height, weight, speed, any stats, etc. for these guys? And is Cedric a CB or safety? Anyone have numbers on him?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby Grider » Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 91Stang:
<B>Can someone post the height, weight, speed, any stats, etc. for these guys? And is Cedric a CB or safety? Anyone have numbers on him?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darrian 6'5" 290 5.19/40 yd
Cedric 6'0" 190 4.6/40 yd

As for CB/Safety for Cedric, I'm pretty sure he would play Safety as it's more of a natural switch from playing linebacker in High School, but I can't say for sure.

There's some more info under the "first commitment" thread below.
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby smu man » Fri Jul 27, 2001 3:21 pm

cedric is a strong or free , he had 120 tackels in his 11th grade year. he is real quick and can run down hill to the football.

and darrian is a big guy that can stop the run cold, and has great speed off the line , has pretty good pass rushing skills but will get better as his season goes on.
smu man

Return to Recruiting