PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Current Recuiting outlook

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Current Recuiting outlook

Postby SMUHP » Fri Aug 03, 2001 8:09 pm

I am overwhelmingly pleased with SMU recruiting right now. For the first time in a long time, SMU already has three committments for next year. Also, SMU is being very aggresive with f-ball recruiting. SMU was in the running for Jonathon Wade(a top 150 recruit) and other top prospects. Although they didnt get them, at least they are putting their name on the board with other teams like LSU, Texas, and A&M.

And with basketball, we just signed the number player from Colorodo and the number one player from oklahoma. This year, we are strong in the running for Aliou Kane, a top 150 center. Not only does SMU have this kids intrest, but in reality, we could sign him. He is already decided to take a trip to SMU....

I may be wrong, but SMU recruiting is slowly but surely getting better. Please respond, I want to see what everyone else thinks...
SMUHP

Re: Current Recuiting outlook

Postby GrapevineMustang » Sat Aug 04, 2001 7:06 pm

I agree with your enthusiasm. Things are getting better at the Hilltop, recruiting-wise, and those of us who have been supportive all along will enjoy the results even more.

By the way, who's Jonathan Wade?
GrapevineMustang
All-American

Re: Current Recuiting outlook

Postby SMUHP » Sun Aug 05, 2001 12:09 pm

Jonathon Wade is a DB for Evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport. They were number one in the country a year and a half ago and produced such athletes as Josh Booty of LSU, brock berlin of Florida, and Stevie Lee of Texas. Wade is the fastest high School athlete in the US and maybe in the World. This past year, he went to Hungry for a world meet and placed first in the 200 meter and second, i believe, in the 300 meter.
Some have clocked him at 4.2 on the 40 , which is unheard of coming out of high school....
SMUHP

Return to Recruiting