PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bobby Burton

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Bobby Burton

Postby Mickey » Sun Aug 26, 2001 11:11 am

The DMN will be publishing BB's TOP 100 lists this year. Great news.

Comments on today's list:

1. I thought we were actively pursuing the Skyline players. Jimmy Morris LB, State # 55, has already committed to ISU. Tim Stone, DB, Area # 87, is considering UT, BU, Ark, OSU. Corey Ford, DL, State #81, is considering ISU, UT, SMU. Any comments Coach Robb? Can we still get them?

2. What happened to all of those players from Tyler that came to SMU's camps. Any comments Coach Belin?
Mickey
All-American

Re: Bobby Burton

Postby PonyTales » Sun Aug 26, 2001 7:18 pm

Is the DMN running BB's list because they want to increase their coverage, or because they don't want to waste one of their own staffers doing this work? Either way, I'm glad -- he always has more complete information
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby Coach Rob » Thu Sep 06, 2001 8:28 pm

SMU has a good chance to get Corey Ford and Tim Stone, I'm not too sure about Jimmy though, Coach Belin wasn't too interested in Jimmy from what I understand. However, Coach Giles does a great job of recruiting in the Metro-plex. Bobby Burton's list is too accurate as far as Colleges Choices are concerned. I know that SMU is at the top of Corey and Tim's list, UT isn't on either of their list.

Coach Rob
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby PonyTales » Fri Sep 07, 2001 12:37 pm

Keep reminding Corey and Tim that they want to come to SMU, play in front of friends and family, etc. We need your help with these fellas, Coach Rob
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby smu'06 » Tue Sep 11, 2001 12:32 am

Tell Corey - The Stadium already has his name on it - SMU just needs him to put on the Crimson and Navy and receive his prize - a NCAA Football Scholarship - and a place to start all four years.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting