PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Rob -

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach Rob -

Postby Hilltopper » Fri Sep 21, 2001 7:37 pm

Any of your guys going to be at tomorrow's game? Hope they realize that we're facing a very good team, and that if the score gets out of hand, that doesn't mean they shouldn't choose SMU. On the contrary, that would be a PERFECT reason to choose SMU. From everything I've read, Corey Ford might be able to step in as a true freshman opposite Melvin Williams as a starting DE, and the others would have a chance to help build the program while playing at home in front of friends and family. They NEED to be Mustangs, and they have a chance to be stars. This year's record should mean nothing - they can be great at SMU, and SMU will be great for them.
Hilltopper
All-American

Re: Coach Rob -

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Sep 29, 2001 7:33 pm

Any word on your kids and where they stand, Coach?
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby PonyGirl » Mon Oct 01, 2001 6:16 pm

I've heard Jimmy Morris is wavering on his Iowa State commitment, and has said he wants to play in college with Corey Ford. Is that true?
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 01, 2001 10:04 pm

would love to see Ford, Morris and Stone come to SMU in a package deal. Are any academically qualified and offered? I would guess that Morris is trying to convince Corey to head north to Iowa State with him. I certainly hope Corey decides to stay at home and can convince the other guys to join him. Even more so, I hope these guys all qualify and can be offered by SMU soon!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Coach Rob » Tue Oct 02, 2001 3:36 pm

I don't think Jimmy is wavering on his commitment, but does want to play with Corey in College. The problem is SMU doesn't want Jimmy or Tim. So far, Corey is the only one that has been offered by SMU. BTW Corey also wants to continue playing with Jimmy. We'll have to see what happens. This is an interesting situation.

Coach Rob
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby Corso » Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:21 pm

Everyone needs to start emailing Coach Ringo and Coach Cavan to offer Jimmy and Tim. We need Corey Ford, and I'm guessing if Jimmy is good enough to get an offer from Iowa State, he can play somewhere for us.

Coach, tell your guys we're working for them. Help keep them home at SMU! (ESPECIALLY over Baylor High.)
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony Up » Wed Oct 03, 2001 2:19 pm

Coach Rob, I've written your next pre-game pep talk for you. Feel free to use this before every game, and at practice once in a while:

"SMU!
SMU!
SMU!
SMU!
SMU!"
etc
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Return to Recruiting