PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Updated list (7 and counting)

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Updated list (7 and counting)

Postby Recruiting Guru » Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:11 pm

Darrian Billups
Defensive Tackle
Arlinton (Bowie) Texas
6-5, 290, 5.19

Robert Gilmore
Defensive Back
Euless (Trinity), Texas
6-1, 174

Randy Denman
Defensive Lineman
Dayton, Texas
6-2, 265

Dustin Morton
Offensive Guard
Conroe, Texas
6-4, 277, 5.4

Craig Kuhrt
Tight End
Bastrop, Texas
6-7, 250, 5.0

Alifaleti "Claymore" Likio
Defensive Tackle
Euless (Trinity), Texas
6-3, 312

Kelvin Cox
Defensive Back
Garland (Naaman Forest), Texas
6-0, 175
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Re: Updated list (7 and counting)

Postby Mickey » Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:49 pm

Make that 8 and counting. You left
Rahegene Cherry, DL, Plano East, off the list.

Plus Taylor Schuster and Hulsey Smith make 10.
Mickey
All-American

Postby SMURecruiting » Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:31 am

Taylor Schuster has not commited to SMU. Just check Dallasnews.com or fansonly.com. Recruiting Guru's list is correct.
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:24 am

I know what the DMN is reporting. Ive mentioned this in several posts. The DMN is reporting Bobby Burton's lists. However, the DMN early this fall reported that Schuster committed to SMU just like they individually reported that Martin Guidry, OG, Beaumont Ozan, orally committed today. Schuster may have withdrawn his commitment, which wasn't reported, but the DMN did report that he made an oral commitment to SMU.
Mickey
All-American

Postby SMURecruiting » Wed Oct 24, 2001 10:16 am

Mistake or he withdrew it. Go to dallasnew.com and look up Taylor Schuster in the recruiting database. He hasnt committed to SMU yet. Just because you read about it earlier in the year doesnt mean it is written in stone. Someone on the other board reporter ealier this month that Aliou kane had eliminated Minnesota from his recruiting and we know that wasnt right...
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:15 am

No kidding! An oral commitment is not binding. That is earth shattering news. I never said that Schuster committed, I just said that the DMN earlier this year reported that he committed. That was not a mistake. They did report that. He may have withdrawn his commitment, or the announcement may have been premature, but it was no mistake that it was reported. I personally believe that he has not orally committed, but I think SMU is the front runner nevertheless.

Recruiting Guru reports on 10-22 @ 904AM that Rahegene Cherry has committed. On
10-23, @611PM, he is not included on his updated list. Then on 10-24 @ 857AM he reports Cherry as a commitment on his updated list again saying that he never forgot Cherry, that he doesn't use the DMN, he confirms it with sources close to the prospects. His list is no better than any other other. The truth is nothing is written in stone until the signed letter of intent is in a coach's hand.
Mickey
All-American

Postby SMURecruiting » Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:06 pm

Calm down Mikey. The only reason I kept telling you that Schuster didnt commit is because you were making it a point to say he did.
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Thu Oct 25, 2001 4:24 pm

SMURecruiting: Believe me I get excited about a lot of things, but this is not one of them. If you will check the previous posts, I never said that Schuster committed, I said the DMN announced that he committed. There is a big difference. I did say, I thought we were the front runner, but that doesn't mean he orally committed. Why don't you check with Coach Jones since he is the one recruiting Schuster? He will know if he has committed and what SMU's chances are.
Mickey
All-American

Postby SMURecruiting » Thu Oct 25, 2001 4:38 pm

Yes you did say he committed.

You said:

"Counting schuster, that makes 10 commitments as follows: 4DL, 3Ol, 2CB, and one TE. Counting Hulsey Smith, 11 will be included in this recruiting class. We have some momentum."

Even if you didnt come out and say "Taylor Schuster commmitted to SMU," you still counted him as part of the SMU committments for the year by saying that smu had 10 commits so far including him. So yes, you did say he is an SMU committment.
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Thu Oct 25, 2001 5:52 pm

Good God! Enough of this. Counting Schuster, a qualifying statement, because SMU is the front runner does not say SMU has a commitment.

I have said on two different occaisons in this thread that I don't think Schuster has committed, but I think SMU is the front runner. Again I don't think he has committed. Read the posts at 224Pm today and at 815AM today.

Calm down. No more on this. If it makes you feel better, I will admit that I said he committed (even though I didn't). Our best source for the status of Schuster is Coach Jones. Have you checked with him?

By the way, I like your enthusiasm and posts. Seriously. Keep them coming. I follow recruiting, and I hope Coach Cavan's staff is around to bring finish this process. If they are not, I am afraid that we may lose some oral commitments which includes one in which we are the front runner that probably HAS NOT yet orally committed.
Mickey
All-American

Postby SMURecruiting » Thu Oct 25, 2001 8:11 pm

Agreed. Its a pretty pointless argument that I only get into because i felt you didnt realize that schuster hadnt committed here and the argument escalated from there....By the way, are you being sarcastic with your last statement paragraph there, i reall cant tell....
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby Mickey » Fri Oct 26, 2001 12:57 am

First part of last P was not sarcastic. I like your posts. 2nd part was a bit of humor about a commitment from a front runnerbut not a jab at you. I was serious when I said firing this coaching staff could cost SMU in what appears to be a good recruiting year.
Mickey
All-American

Return to Recruiting