PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question for Fox 7

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question for Fox 7

Postby SMURecruiting » Wed Oct 24, 2001 1:53 am

Just looking at the prospects on your site. I had some questions about some guys that mentioned SMU.

Dane King- Says he wouldnt mind playing here. What do you hear from him these days?

Mikey Meeks- Listed SMU as one of his three favorites. Any updates? Has he been offered?

Brent Slaughter- Said he planned on visiting SMU's Camp, hear anything from him now?

That may be a tall order to get info on all three guys, but any help will be appreciated, thanks..
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Re: Question for Fox 7

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:06 am

I haven't talked to Dane or Mikey in about a month and a half. Both are having peculiar senior seasons. Dane lost nearly all his receivers and is having a tough time finding somebodyu to hang onto his passes. Mikey has made move in from receiver to QB out of necessity for his team. Dane's a pure passer and Mikey's best described as an athlete.

As for Brent, I talked to him about a month ago and he mentioned the Ponies were still in the mix ... but in the background. He's being recruited as a strong safety by most schools and you guys offer, you have a shot.

Don't give up on Steven Brent also. He still has an offer from the SMU staff and is having a great fall.

------------------
<A HREF="http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: Question for Fox 7

Postby SMURecruiting » Thu Oct 25, 2001 12:07 pm

Thanks Fox sports....
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Return to Recruiting