PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Note to MOTHEROF

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Note to MOTHEROF

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:27 pm

Just wondering if we can get an update on Darrian. I don't get the DMN, so I haven't been able to see how Bowie's doing this year, or how Darrian is doing. Hope he's having a great year, hope he's staying injury-free and wondering how he likes the stellar class we've put together after he set the tone with his commitment. From everything I've read, this class is well on its way to being easily the best in years, and he's a big part of that. Can't wait to see him in a Pony helmet.

Re: Note to MOTHEROF

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Horseplay:
<B>Just wondering if we can get an update on Darrian. I don't get the DMN, so I haven't been able to see how Bowie's doing this year, or how Darrian is doing. Hope he's having a great year, hope he's staying injury-free and wondering how he likes the stellar class we've put together after he set the tone with his commitment. From everything I've read, this class is well on its way to being easily the best in years, and he's a big part of that. Can't wait to see him in a Pony helmet.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks Horseplay for asking about Darrian. He's doing great,unfortunately his team is not doing so well. The Bowie Volunteers have one of the best defensive lines in district 8 5A. Since returning to play from his three game suspension because of transferring to Bowie from Mansfield, he has 45 tackles and 5 sacks. He is extremely motivated and is happy to be playing even though his team is losing. The defense on his team has been dominanting in every game played, but the offensive has cost them the game. We were at saturday's game and was extremely happy to see SMU win again, as well as a great visit with my son Cedric who is a red-shirt freshman. Darrian spent the evening hanging out with his brother, shanderick, Travis, Kevin Aldridge and a host of other players. Coach Baker is his recruiter and was at his game on Friday, and was able to see him play up close and personal. Darrian had 15 tackles, and 1 block ball in the game. He really wanted to win the game (Mansfield 10 --Bowie 9) what a heart breaker,especially since Mansfield filed a protest trying to stop him from playing during his senior year. He is still committed to SMU. Thanks again for asking.
MOTHEROF

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:13 pm

MOTHEROF -
Thanks for the update! Sorry his team isn't doing too well, but I'm glad to hear Darrian is having a good season individually and enjoying his year. Can't wait to see him in a Mustang uniform next year. The defensive line looked great against UTEP - what did we have, 6 or 7 sacks? - and will only be better when D.B. gets into the mix.

Postby SMUguy » Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:16 pm

Hey MOTHEROF: Think Darrian can help convince Corey Ford of Dallas Skyline to join him in a great class of linemen? They can feed off each other for years!
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby Jim Rome » Tue Oct 30, 2001 10:09 pm

WHat a starting line in a couple of years: Darrian Billups and Marcus Walker inside, with Melvin Williams and Corey Ford on the ends. And all that beef for backups? Good time to be a PonyFan!
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting