PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question for Coach Rob

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question for Coach Rob

Postby SMURecruiting » Sun Oct 28, 2001 2:47 pm

Has Corey Ford been offered yet? Also, what is he thinking right now???
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Re: Question for Coach Rob

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 31, 2001 6:49 pm

Coach, which players and recruits/commitments has Corey met at SMU? Can you invite him to talk to the other players who have committed to SMU and ask them to share why they committed? Maybe it will help Corey make the decision to come to SMU, where he belongs.

Postby Coach Rob » Fri Nov 02, 2001 6:51 pm

Corey has been offered by Baylor and SMU, however I think he's waiting a little longer because suddenly Iowa St., TCU, La Tech and UTEP have all said after they evaluate our last two games they will probably offer Corey.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby SMURecruiting » Fri Nov 02, 2001 8:57 pm

Really, well I really hope he comes to SMU. Who do you think has a viable shot at landing him?
SMURecruiting
Scout Team

Postby smu'06 » Fri Nov 02, 2001 9:40 pm

Can someone make up a poster with Ford Stadium and Corey in the foreground...send it to him...blur Gerald J. and add Corey?

Plus he has to pick us over Baylor High and UTEP.

GO PONIES!
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Sun Nov 04, 2001 4:34 pm

Coach Rob -

I offer to you some reasons Corey should not choose any of those other teams on his list:

Baylor High - It's in Waco. That alone should wipe it off Corey's list. Plus, they haven't won a conference game since the old SWC days, they still have major restrictions on social interaction on campus and it's a team that's going nowhere. SMU has a stable of young talent that indicates a bright future. Baylor High does not. And did I mention it's in Waco?

Iowa State - Have you ever been to Iowa? Enough said.

TCU - Please listen to me on this one. I live in Fort Worth, because I was deranged enough to marry a Frog. Of all the places on Corey's list, help him eliminated TCU and Baylor High first. If he ends up at Iowa State, I'll be upset, but I'll get over it. But DO NOT let him go to TCU. They are a team on a major downward slide. Fort Worth is the armpit of Texas (remember, I live in FW, so I know). The school is a joke - the number of athletes who actually attend class is minimal, and they're not asked to. Academics mean nothing for athletes at TCU. If they were a program like Nebraska that was out smacking around it's opponent every week, you could make a (weak) argument that that's OK. But getting made into Frog Jerky by Tulane - these kids clearly need to get to class because their athletic careers are over. And the facilities are horrible. I get dragged to a couple of games a year by the wife, and every time I'm left with a feeling of pride when I think of Gerald J. Ford Stadium as opposed to Amon Carter Swamp. The place is awful.

LaTech - If Corey played offense, I'd say go, and with our blessings, because those folks are putting up hellacious numbers. But they are not a defensive team, and Corey would get lost. And there are my other two complaints - SMU is SO MUCH BETTER academically, and does anyone really want to live in Ruston, La.? I know I don't.

UTEP - It's 14 zillion miles away from home (meaning visits home will be really tough, they're never on TV for Corey's parents to watch, they may not ever win a game again, and ...... 40-14! (Please tell me Corey was at the game last weekend)

--------------------

Everything I've read is that Corey is a great kid - so he should stay home and play in front of family and friends. He can be a star in his home town.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby smu'06 » Sun Nov 04, 2001 5:53 pm

Well Said Bleeding.

Coach Rob,
I am a High School Senior myself, and there is no place other than SMU that I want to spend the next four, and the greatest four years of my life than High on the Hilltop at SMU.
So here's a top 10 list:
1.Great Education
2.Have you seen the women lately.
3.A program on the RISE
4.Great Campus
5.Dallas
6.Alumni Network
7.Academic Reputation
8.Great Social Life
9.Location,Location,Location (Nestled between Highland Park and University Park -can't beat that.)
10.All of the Above

SMU offers the best of all the world. Academic Reputation, Beautiful women (Li'l Texas was right - God Blessed Texas and sent down angels from the holy land - and let them be at SMU),Social Aspects, Location.

For Corey - He can be a Star, he can help rebuild the program and team up with ShanD and be the crown jewels of a bowl victory or two.

Coach Rob - Please help SMU - let Corey Ford play in FORD Stadium.
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting