PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

recruiting need

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

recruiting need

Postby Jim Rome » Sat Nov 17, 2001 9:48 pm

Saw the game today on the satellite dish. We need a new quarterback. Not to say Page and Luker aren't trying or don't work hard, but without ShanDerrick Charles and Keylon Kincade in the last month, this team doesn't win a game all year. Those boys are carrying the offense. I don't know much about the Bartel, Nixon and Gilray kids, but I'm thinking Page and Luker aren't the answer.

Note to Coach Kueck: Glad you didn't call any passes for Freeman (the guy Cavan always says has to touch the ball 15 times a game - nice to see the coaches on the same page) ... but how does the ball not get thrown in Cunningham's direction even once? Do you realize how good Comet is? Check the record book - he's all over it ... because he's awesome. Get the ball in #21's hands.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Re: recruiting need

Postby BUS » Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:18 am

Totally agree. Chris is the best pure receiver we have. Sure handed and fearless to go anywhere for the ball. Go Mustangs Beat Rice!!
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Sun Nov 18, 2001 1:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim Rome:
<B>Saw the game today on the satellite dish. We need a new quarterback. Not to say Page and Luker aren't trying or don't work hard, but without ShanDerrick Charles and Keylon Kincade in the last month, this team doesn't win a game all year. Those boys are carrying the offense. I don't know much about the Bartel, Nixon and Gilray kids, but I'm thinking Page and Luker aren't the answer.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so sure but that your criticism shouldn't be aimed a little higher....like up in the press box area where the offensive coordinator lives.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 11-18-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mickey » Sun Nov 18, 2001 2:35 pm

Hey Romey, Enlighten us, please! Just what records does Cunningham have?

How high will he go in hte draft?
Mickey
All-American

Postby Jim Rome » Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:39 pm

To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't own any school records yet, but he's climbing the school's all-time lists in both receptions and receiving yards.

And as much as I like him, I don't think Cunningham will get drafted, simply because NFL scouts and coaches seem to have an obsession with tall receivers -- and for all of Comet's abilities, tall is one thing he's not.
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyfanforlife » Mon Nov 19, 2001 1:29 am

hey mr. rome, if u did not here coach cavan has been fired
ponyfanforlife

Return to Recruiting