PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Conversation with Paul Mosley

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Conversation with Paul Mosley

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Sun Nov 18, 2001 9:42 pm

There's been plenty of speculation on the boards about Austin Anderson RB Paul Mosley recently. We talked to him this evening and got the latest on where he stood with the schools recruiting him. He didn't mention the Ponies in this one.

Fox 7 - Hey Paul. I'm glad to finally catch up with you again. What's been going on with you now that your football season is over?

Paul - I'm doing basketball right now, but I'm going to try and start doing my recruiting trips right now. I'm don't know which ones I'm going to right now. But two of them will be TCU and Nebraska. I'm still working on the other three.

Fox 7 - Why are Nebraska and TCU getting the official visits?

Paul - Nebraska really impressed me at their camp over the summer. I'd like to spend some more time there and get to know their campus. And now TCU has offered me a scholarship. I like their offense which is an I-back situation where I believe I could play right away.

Fox 7 - So what's keeping youbusy these days?

Paul - Now that football is over, I've gotten back into the weightroom to get back in better shape. And now that I have time, I'm trying to study a little more. I have basketball, but it doesn't require near as much time as football.

Fox 7 - What position are you playing in basketball this year?

Paul - I'm playing post. But I haven't played yet because I had a slight ankle injury in football. I'm just starting to get to practices so I don't know how good we really are going to be yet. But we look pretty good.

Fox 7 - So who do you have standing offers from right now?

Paul - Baylor, Arizona and TCU.

Fox 7 - Who else is keeping in close contact with you right now?

Paul - Nebraska. I've been hearing a lot from Houston and I think they are about to offer. I hear also from Iowa.

Fox 7 - Any chance John Mackovic's Arizona Wildcats can get one of your official visits?

Paul - I'm not for sure yet. I don't know to much about them. I'm still looking at Arizona and Baylor as my other trips. But I going to see. I went down to Baylor on Saturday to watch the Bears play Oklahoma State. The Baylor coaches asked me about my official visits. I told them I don't know yet. But now that I have some time to myself, I'm going to really buckle down to see which schools interest me.

Fox 7 - Have you gotten any dates for the two visits at Nebraska and TCU yet?

Paul - It's going to be either December 7th or 14th for those two schools. I haven't worked out the details with the coaches up there yet.

Fox 7 - Anything else out there recruitingwise for you right now?

Paul - There's still some schools out there that I'd like to hear from that I haven't heard from like Tennessee and Kansas.

Fox 7 - Any other schools that you's really like to hear from?

Paul - Penn State and Miami. Those would be the main ones right there.

Fox 7 - All right, thanks for getting me up to date, Paul. Good luck with basketball and the schoolwork.

Paul - Thanks.

You can check out his profile at our Austin Area Prospects site:

<A HREF="http://www.fox7.com/dynamic/text/prospects/p1022.html" TARGET=_blank>Mosley Pic, Bio & Stats</A>

------------------
<A HREF="http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: Conversation with Paul Mosley

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:32 pm

Thanks for the update, FOX7. Keep them coming.
Hilltopper
All-American

Return to Recruiting