PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach-recruiting

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach-recruiting

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 26, 2001 7:58 pm

The hardest part for me about the waiting period between coaches is not being able to lon on to PonyFans.com and read about more recruits announcing their commitment to SMU. Hope we get a new coach soon, so we can keep adding recruits. Because of that, I hope we get someone who's not coaching as an assistant now, so we don't have to wait until after bowl games to get the man in office and on the recruiting trail.

Re: Coach-recruiting

Postby Boston Pony » Tue Nov 27, 2001 10:48 am

My guess is that any OC/DC or former HC could begin almost immediately at SMU. If a Skip Holtz (my front runner favorite) could work at both jobs during the transition. The new coach will probably wait until the year end coaches convention to finalize their staff. If you haven't seen the lobby of host hotel at that convention, you miss a bunch of guys standing around looking for new HC and women, it's a sight.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Re: Coach-recruiting

Postby Kiper » Tue Nov 27, 2001 2:53 pm

My vote is for Rickey Bustle. He turns out great players, and he can recruit as well as anyone on the list.
Kiper
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting