PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Recruits

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Recruits

Postby Mac » Wed Dec 05, 2001 4:50 pm

Does anyone know what is going on with Jamar Ransom? I think he would be a really good guy to have at SMU.

Any other big news that is going on now with Coach Bennett on the hill? Don't you think Corey Ford is thinking about switching back to SMU.
Mac
Scout Team

Re: Recruits

Postby Recruiting Guru » Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:15 pm

Ransom is a tremendous player, a natural athlete out of the Jonas Rutledge mold. He has said he is waiting to see what happens with the SMU coaching situation, because he does like SMU. With Coach Bennett in place, Ransom will resume his recruiting process.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby Mac » Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:32 pm

Guru,

Do you think we have a shot at getting Ransom, and what do you think about Corey Ford and some others making a switch now that Bennett is head coach?
Mac
Scout Team

Postby Recruiting Guru » Thu Dec 06, 2001 2:03 pm

From what I hear, we have a better than 50-50 chance at getting Ransom. No done deal, of course, but he's been very positive about SMU, and I'd think that Coach Bennett would only increase his interest in the school.

I have calls in to find out about Ransom (and countless other recruits), and I'm trying to find out about Corey Ford, Darrin Johnson and others. Coach Bennett's defenses have always featured defensive ends, so if he chooses to go after these guys, maybe he can show them tapes of Darren Howard (K-State product now with the Saints) Ron Flemons (ex-Aggie) and convince them they want to follow that pattern of stud defensive ends.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby Mac » Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:29 pm

Guru,

You are the MAN. Keep me posted. I am interested in hearing what happens. Also, do you know if recruits actually look at this site? Just curious.
Mac
Scout Team

Return to Recruiting