PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Note to Darrin Johnson and Corey Ford

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Note to Darrin Johnson and Corey Ford

Postby 91Stang » Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:11 pm

I've never seen either of you play. But from what I understand from Recruiting Guru and others on this board, you are a pair of very promising defensive linemen who could be a major boost to the SMU program.

I have, however, seen Coach Bennett's teams play. The man is a great coach. SMU is a great school. You'll both have a chance to play early, and to complete what is shaping up to be a fantastic recruiting class.

Come home to SMU, where you belong. We're looking forward to seeing you in Ford Stadium next year.
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Re: Note to Darrin Johnson and Corey Ford

Postby Phil Fan » Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:08 pm

Guys, you can note do better, as defensive players, than to play for Coach Bennett. My brother played for him and loves him to death.

Make the right decision and switch those commitments to SMU. You'll get a great degree and play for a brilliant defensive coach.
Phil Fan
Junior Varsity

Re: Note to Darrin Johnson and Corey Ford

Postby Boston Pony » Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:16 pm

The reputation for SMU D is pretty good now, however in the future, watch out. My guess is that strong DL & DB's will get alot of visiblity in the next few years. Not only does Coach Bennett know HS coaches, he knows the guys in the NFL. Four year starters do well, 5th year seniors have a tougher time... Plus, the business connections are better here than most anywhere
Boston Pony
Varsity

Return to Recruiting