PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ponies looking at QB Cullen Mills

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ponies looking at QB Cullen Mills

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Thu Jan 10, 2002 3:06 am

I called up to Harker Heights the other day to check in on what is the latest with QB Cullen Mills. Coach Ross Rogers mentioned that the SMU staff was expressing some interest in him recently.

Cullen's a 6'3" kid who led a relenetless passing attack the past couple of years for HH.

By the way, Harker Heights has one of the best collections of juniors in the state. We'll have them posted on our juniors portion of our Austin Area Prospects site soon. Our webmaster is working overtime trying to get caught up on all of the juniors we are adding in anticiaption of February 7th when the Class of 2003 taking centerstage.

Also, for some reason the Ponies apparently aren't pursuing that 6'7" WR from San Marcos Baptist anymore. Why? Good question. The kid is going to be a real player for somebody.
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: Ponies looking at QB Cullen Mills

Postby PonyFan » Thu Jan 10, 2002 12:38 pm

So this means, if Mills comes to SMU, that the Ponies will have SIX QBs? All on scholarship? I'm all for having depth, but that's getting carried away, don't you think? 4-5 is ideal, I would think. It will be hard for the lower-seeded guys to get enough reps to impress the coaches, and if they don't do that, how can they push the top guys?
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Recruiting