PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Signing Day

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Signing Day

Postby Boston Pony » Tue Feb 05, 2002 8:35 am

Hope springs eternal today as high school seniors finally decide their colleges. SMU looks to sign a solid group of prospects at a time when needed. I wish all of the student athletes best success as college is an important part of their life. Remember, football isn't the only reason they are going to school. Enjoy your next four years...

And by the way work out everyday from now on as we need a bunch of big guys next year!!
Boston Pony
Varsity

Re: Signing Day

Postby PonyFan » Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:19 pm

Who's going to join me in the Ford Stadium press box for Coach Bennett's press conference and the new Mustangs' highlights on the JumboTron?
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby ProudPonyPa » Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:57 pm

I am confused (like it takes a lot...) but Donnie was told by a coach that the press conference was for alumni and not for the signees. The football thread says it is for everyone. I would very much like to be there. What's the official word on who is invited?
ProudPonyPa
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Feb 06, 2002 4:21 am

I don't think that anyone will mind if you show up. I won't tell.
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Boston Pony » Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:24 pm

Looks like we have yet to sign Cherry from Plano. I know we lost two of the big guys, including the kid who went to Arizona State, however have we lost Cherry as well? If so, where did he sign?
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby PK » Wed Feb 06, 2002 8:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ProudPonyPa:
<B>I am confused (like it takes a lot...) but Donnie was told by a coach that the press conference was for alumni and not for the signees. The football thread says it is for everyone. I would very much like to be there. What's the official word on who is invited?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is not just for alumni, but for any SMU football fan....however, since the coach made a point of saying it wasn't for the signees, they probably shouldn't be there. You PPP, however, are not a signee and therefore being a fan I would think you could be there. Unless someone official gets on here and says something else, I wouldn't worry about it.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Recruiting