PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More questions for Coach Rob

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

More questions for Coach Rob

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Apr 05, 2002 8:50 pm

Coach -

Can you give us some more information on Bobby Layton, Nick Fellows and Calvin Brown? And whether we can hope to see them in Red and Blue?

We've gotten back in with DISD this year, with Anthony Barnett and Darrin Johnson - let's keep the pipeline growing.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: More questions for Coach Rob

Postby Coach Rob » Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:30 pm

Bobby layton is a Anthony Barnett clone,almost. They have a lot of the same attributes. Barnett is faster;Layton is quicker, Barnett is 5'9";Layton is 5'8, Barnett has better vision;Layton is stronger(bench 295). Layton will definitely play D1 ball somewhere, I just don't see SMU taking another small back. Bobby is extremely excited about SMU because last Summer he had an outstanding showing in camp.

Nick Fellows is a 5'10" 175lb. head hunter with 4.5 speed(I probably time harder than anyone I know, If I see their finger move my clock starts. I think being harder makes them focus more and gives them something to strive for.) Nick had several bonecrushing hits last season as a FS. He is one of those guys that jumps out at you on film.

Calvin Brown is a 6'0" 185lb. SS/OLB with good speed and decent cover skills, he supports the run extremely well and is consistant in making plays.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Return to Recruiting