PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ANOTHER question for Coach Rob

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ANOTHER question for Coach Rob

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Apr 09, 2002 1:27 pm

What can you tell us about Skyline QB Arnel Rolfe?
Size? Speed? Arm? Strength? School choices? Strengths and weaknesses as a player? SMU's chances?

I saw on the other board that he's planning to go to camp at SMU — curious about what kind of player he is.

Coach, help us develop the Skyline-to-SMU pipeline! Starting with Steven Coleman...
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: ANOTHER question for Coach Rob

Postby Pony4Life » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:39 pm

Another good way to get a jump-start on that Skyline-to-SMU pipeline -- tell Corey Ford to transfer out of baylor high and back home to SMU.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Coach Rob » Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:56 pm

Arnel Rolfe: 6'2", 185lbs., 4.75 40 time(timed today). Arnel's strengths are is ability to stay calm under pressure, decision making and he has extremely nice touch on all of his passes. His weaknesses is his upper body strength(bench 225). Top schools are: A&M, Boston College, Baylor and SMU(not in any particular order), however SMU is not interested right now but look for that to change soon. Arnel will lead the Metroplex in passing or at least be in the top five.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby Hoss » Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:40 pm

Hey Coach Rob, just out of curiousity: did you play in college? What position? What school?
Hoss
All-American

Postby Coach Rob » Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:14 pm

No I didn't play college football, I went to Texas Tech as a invited walk-on for the Red Raider Basketball team. When I was in high school, Houston Milby, in the 10th grade I had an accident on the basketball court that endend my football career. Before the accident I was considered as one the top quarterbacks to ever come out of the Houston area.

Coach Rob
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Return to Recruiting