PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

a new recruiting site

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

a new recruiting site

Postby Coach Rob » Sun Apr 14, 2002 1:13 am

There's a new site in town that pony fans might find of interest. It's called Metroplex Recruiting. This site will focus mainly on high school football players and the recruiting process. Our intent is to cover as much of the Metroplex as possible. I spoke to Coach Bennett a few weeks ago and he informed me that SMU would really be concentrating on recruiting the Metroplex. I really hope this site will be of assistance to SMU and the high school athletes in the area.
The web address is: <A HREF="http://www.eteamz.com/metroplexrecruitng" TARGET=_blank>www.eteamz.com/metroplexrecruitng</A>
I am currently still working on making this site a respectable one, but if you wish to check it out, please feel free. Any suggestions or input will be greatly appreciated. Just leave me a message on the message board. If I'm not mistaken you have to register with eteamz and the registration is free.

Thanks in Advance
Coach Rob
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Re: a new recruiting site

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:41 pm

Great looking site - keep it up, Coach! And keep adding more players and more info.

For those who haven't taken a peek yet, it lists a few of the top prospects in the Metroplex, including four -- all from Skyline -- who mention interest in SMU.

Steven Coleman - DT
6'5" 275 4.94 - Skyline (940 SAT)
Florida,Notre Dame,SMU,Boston College,A&M

Travis Ferguson - DT
6'1" 280 5.06 - Skyline (990 SAT)
Boston College, Baylor, SMU, A&M

Arnel Rolfe - QB
6'2" 185 4.75 - Skyline
A&M, SMU, Texas Tech, Baylor, Washington

Bobby Layton - RB
5'8" 165 4.44 - Skyline
Boston College, SMU, Iowa St.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:43 pm

And here's what the site has to say about Skyline DT Steven Coleman:

Steven Coleman is being considered as one of the top Defensive Tackles in the nation. At 6'5", 275lbs. Steven dominates his opponents.

Last season Steven played on both sides of the ball and at times wasn't able to give 100%, however next season he will concentrate on defense only which will enable him to dominate his opponents even more. Steven has been offered a full scholarship by Boston College and is close to being offered by Miami, Kansas St., Notre Dame and SMU. Before its all over he will have a ton of offers. Steven plans on attending the Rivals 100 combine, The Nike Combine, the SMU Camp and the TCU Camp this summer.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Hilltopper » Sun Apr 14, 2002 3:45 pm

And it says we're offered Lewisville LB Demarrio Pleasant, although he doesn't list SMU on his list of options....

Junior to Watch: Demarrio Pleasant
At 6'3", 210lbs. with 4.49 speed Demarrio Pleasant will definitely be a player to keep your eyes on next season. I've known Demarrio since he was 12 years old and even as a young player he dominated the game. Demarrio leads Lewisville into next season with his eyes set on a state championship. Demarrio will have teammates Tony Cade and Tremaine Stansberry to assist him in his efforts.

Demarrio has several offers on the table from D1 schools. OU, A&M, SMU, Missouri, USC and West Virginia have requested Demarrio's services so far. Look for many other schools to come calling in the near future. Demarrio will attend the Rivals 100 Combine and The Nike Combine this spring.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby Pony Up » Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:06 pm

I like the site, Coach!
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby SMUguy » Tue Apr 16, 2002 3:56 pm

Demarrio Pleasant plays like a University of Miami linebacker. Extremely fast and hits like he has a lot of pent-up anger. Coach Bennett could make the kid a star.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Return to Recruiting