PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

College Decision

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

College Decision

Postby smu'06 » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:15 pm

To whom it may concern in the PonyFans Community:

I would just like to tell you all that I will not be attending SMU in the fall, instead I have accepted an offer of admission from the University of South Carolina.

Many of you are probably wondering, why I picked South Carolina over SMU, well here is why:
The distance was a factor, I can drive from my house in Northern Virginia to USC's campus in under 8 hours, easily manageable in a day. By the time you factor in driving to the airports, parking, waiting in the terminal, SMU, by air is a good 6 and half hours going there and 7 and a half hours coming back.

The distance was the main factor, the strength of programs for business is equal; South Carolina obviously has a bit more school spirit; though the beauty and atmosphere of SMU was almost enough to sway
my decision the other way.

I may come back to this message board to post once in a while and to see how things are going down on the Hilltop.

To all those I spoke to about SMU and who I have corresponded with on this board, I apologize if I misled you in any way.

Most Sincerely,

Adam Piper
University of South Carolina Student and Fan
SMU Fan and possible Law Student
smu'06
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting