PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Local prospect

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Local prospect

Postby DallasDiehard » Sat May 04, 2002 4:04 pm

Running back Colby Hollingsworth (5-10, 200, 4.47) of Highland Park isn't as good as he's being hyped up to be. I've seen him play. He's less than the 200 pounds they list him at, and there's no way he's ever run that 4.47. I'm going to guess he's 5-10, maybe 180-185 pounds, and a 4.65-4.75.

Coach Bennett has said he wants to re-establish a pipeline of talent from Highland Park - let's stick to linemen with those HP scholarship offers.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Local prospect

Postby 50's PONY » Sat May 04, 2002 10:41 pm

Diehard, why don't you get on the other board since you are such a genius! Lets just see how Colby does this summer and next season before any of your professional scouting reports!
50's PONY
Heisman

Postby ClassOf81 » Sun May 05, 2002 6:31 pm

I've also seen Colby play. I don't know how big he is. I agree that 200 might be a little heavy, but I don't know. I also don't think he's the fastest kid in the world. What I do know is that he's an extremely productive player. He can make tacklers miss, and he can run through tackles, especially guys who try to bring him down with one arm. Can he play in college? I don't know. But I think he's more of a football player than a pure athlete.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun May 05, 2002 6:50 pm

"Genius"? That's rather lofty praise. I don't claim to be an expert, just giving my opinion on what I've seen. And I didn't mean it to come off as criticism - just, like I said, my opinion. I certainly don't mean to offend, if you're friends/family with Colby.

And no, I won't appear on the other board. I've never found a reason to post anything over there. This is the only site that offers information, especially about recruiting.

Maybe my judgement of Colby is wrong - we all have opinions. I hope he turns out to be a major star, comes to SMU and proves me wrong. Just sharing my impression.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Recruiting