PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Damn Shame

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Damn Shame

Postby Mickey » Sun May 05, 2002 10:34 am

The new staff got in late in the recruiting of QB Alexander Webb of Highland Park. He enrolled at Northwestern this spring, went through spring ball and has a shot at being the starting QB for the Wildcats next fall as a true Frosh. How many true Frosh have started at QB in the Big 10? He would have been a great fit under Bennett's and Edmonson's multiple offense. He was very interested in SMU, but the new staff got into the recruiting process too late to beat out NU.

Unfortunately, had Webb attended SMU, he would have been a four year starter and would have stopped the revolving door of QB's coming through the program. SMU hasn't had a legitimate returning starter at QB since McIlhennny.

Going into this season, SMU again has no proven starting QB. As of now, Wallis, the current QB, was not recruited heavily out of HS and actually was listed as a TE on last years roster. This forces us to keep recruiting QB's until we find the ONE. Unfortunately, there will be five on the roster next fall, and I don't think any of them are the ONE capable of jump starting this program. I pray Ricky Joe Meeks is the answer when he arrives in the fall of 03.
Mickey
All-American

Re: Damn Shame

Postby ClassOf81 » Sun May 05, 2002 6:33 pm

Alexander played the Northwestern spring game with hernia. He's a tough kid.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby rogershealy » Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:43 pm

who cares
tate is better
rogershealy
Varsity

Postby ClassOf81 » Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:38 pm

I hope he's better. But Webb was pretty good, so if Wallis is better, we might have a real player there.
And I'm not ready to give up on Bartel and Luker, either.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Eddie P » Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:55 pm

Rogers Returns!!!

What are you up to this summer?

Before I left town, I saw you running from time to time while driving through the "ghetto"

Return to Recruiting