PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Rob - have you been holding out on us?

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach Rob - have you been holding out on us?

Postby PonyFan » Mon May 20, 2002 10:22 am

Found this on the other site:

----------

Lineman has two favorites or is it three?
By: Bob Hart
Date: May 19, 2002

Content from Big12Recruiting.com

Dallas (Texas) Skyline lineman Kendrick Pride has a favorite school right now.

Although he made an unofficial to Southern Methodist recently and he favors 'Texas if I had to make a decision today.'

He is receiving correspondence from 'North Texas, Texas, Texas A&M, Arkansas, TCU, SMU, Missouri, Kentucky, Arizona and Arizona State with the most mail coming from Texas A&M.' Coaches from North Texas State, Notre Dame and Louisiana-Lafayette have made visits to his school.

Of the teams that are not in contact with him, Nebraska is his clear favorite.

'I would commit to Nebraska, if they offered.'

The 6-foot-3, 350 pound lineman, who has run a 5.3 second 40-yard dash on grass, played on both sides of the line last year as a junior.

He had eight sacks while playing defensive tackle. Also, he played offensive guard for Skyline High School last season.

'I'm a team player and my size are my strong points.' He described himself as a dominate player, while comparing his style to Dallas Cowboy Larry Allen.

'Distance will not be a factor,' he said, 'as I will look at the depth chart, academic curriculum and reputation as the deciding factors.'

He plans to attend camp at Texas Christian and maybe Oklahoma.

----------

What's the word on this guy, Coach Rob? What's his interest in SMU? What are our chances of getting him? Is he really strong, or just huge? 5.3 is pretty quick for a guy that size.

Pride, Coleman, Ferguson, that tailback, maybe your safeties - the Skyline Mustangs? Send them all to us, Coach!
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Re: Coach Rob - have you been holding out on us?

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon May 20, 2002 2:29 pm

Is he naturally that big? Or should he drop 30-40 pounds? If he's running a 5.3 at 350, he could be devastating at 310 or 320.
How strong is he?
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Coach Rob » Tue May 21, 2002 12:13 am

Kendrick Pride,KP, is a big kid who does have good feet for a big fella. I believe that if he could show some consistancy as an offensive lineman, then maybe he could be a factor for us next year. KP needs to have a great summer in the weight room to build his upper body strength and it wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds. He is a great kid with big aspirations. KP has the chance to start next season and I would say that his biggest asset is quick feet not neccessarily his size.
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby Corso » Tue May 21, 2002 12:33 pm

Sounds like a promising prospect. The size obviously is already there. Hopefully some other schools will shy away if he hasn't already been a star at Skyline. Let's keep him in Dallas.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Return to Recruiting