PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Austin High QB Nathan Kreutz

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Austin High QB Nathan Kreutz

Postby Fox 7 Sports » Mon Jul 08, 2002 1:26 am

I caught up with Austin High's QB Nathan Kreutz (6'0" 170 lbs 4.57) Sunday evening and here's his updated bio following a very busy camp season:

Nathan's had to be patient for his opportunity to step forward and become the unquestioned starting quarterback for Austin High. But he has managed to showcase his skills while waiting for his big opportunity this fall. "I think my speed is my key, I'm really agile in the pocket," Nathan tells Fox 7. "I have a strong arm and I see the field really well. I don't just focus on one receiver, I keep track of all of them before I make my throw. I like being in the control of the team. I like being able to make plays. Last year in the Bowie game, I came in off the bench with us behind I enjoyed looking to lead the rally. That's the kind of situation I really enjoy operating in."

Nathan enjoyed a terrific junior season in 2001 for the Maroons raising his stature among quarterback prospects in Central Texas. Despite platooning with a senior, Nathan still managed to complete 64-of-105 passes for 1175 yards and 15 TDs against just 3 INTs. He also carried the ball 62 times for 206 yards and 5 more TDs. He'll likely have the reins of the offense to himself this fall for his senior season under a new head coach. "I had a really fun time learning to play quarterback in my first real season at the position. This year, I'm really looking forward to using everything I learned and being a leader."

Nathan already has some favorites in mind. "Stanford, A&M, Yale, Rice. I'm interested in all the coaches who would be great to play under. You could talk to them about anything."

Taking advice from then Texas Longhorn QB Major Applewhite, Nathan attended quarteback camp at Furman in the summer of 2001. "Its the best quarterback camp in the country. I went to six camps this year and none of them compare to their QB school."

Those six camps made for a very busy summer of 2002 for Nathan. He hit camps at Arizona State (6/2), SMU (6/7), Texas (6/12-6/15), Texas A&M (6/22), Stanford (6/24-6/26) and Yale(6/27-6/28 ) .

"Since I came off the baseball season, I was used to throwing the ball and the coaches worked on me raising my release point and my motion. My footwork has really improved this summer with all of the work I've been doing."

------------------
<A HREF="http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
<A HREF=\"http://199.170.228.120/dynamic/story.asp?category=4\" TARGET=_blank>Austin Area Prospects</A>
Fox 7 Sports
Junior Varsity

Re: Austin High QB Nathan Kreutz

Postby Hoss » Tue Jul 16, 2002 9:22 pm

Do yall really think SMU will sign another QB? I know I read that Luker is gone, but how many QBs do we need? There's other positions we need to fill first.
Hoss
All-American

Return to Recruiting