PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jorrie Adams

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jorrie Adams

Postby Casey » Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:07 pm

This guy is supposedly the best offensive lineman in the country. And there's a shot -- not a good shot, but there's a shot -- that he might consider SMU. We all know coach Bennett has a lot of ties in East Texas, and supposedly the SMU coaches know the Jasper HS coaches well. Publicly, Jorrie's listing all the regular big schools, like Texas and Oklahoma and Florida, but there's a rumor going around that he likes the SMU coaches and that his high school coach likes the SMU coaches. Signing Jorrie would make this year's class a huge success. Remember the hype when SMU signed Sterling Harris? That's nothing compared to the hype if they somehow get Jorrie.
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Re: Jorrie Adams

Postby WildHorse » Mon Jul 22, 2002 12:17 pm

We can all dream, and I think as positively as any PonyFan, but there's no way we're getting Jorrie Adams. I'd love it if it happened, but let's be realistic.
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Phil Fan » Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:03 pm

You can't get him if you don't try. Have faith in Coach Bennett. If he doesn't get Adams, he sure will get some good players coming to SMU.
Phil Fan
Junior Varsity

Postby Hilltopper » Wed Jul 24, 2002 4:10 pm

I've been reading that Coach Bennett is really good friends with the Jasper coach, and that we're "in" on a few of his players. I don't know if Adams is on that list or not, but wouldn't that be great if he was?
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby RedRiverPony » Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:28 pm

Who are the other players at Jasper we're recruiting?
RedRiverPony
All-American

Return to Recruiting