PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Borrowed info

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Borrowed info

Postby DallasDiehard » Sat Aug 24, 2002 3:04 pm

Got this from "stallion" on the other board.

"these are updates from the Insiders Network. 4 Star LB Darius Ingram 6-3,219 4.56 Tenaha, Texas one of the top LB in Texas -national rank at Position: 32; 168 tackles as Jr Amazing speed and quickness, vicious hitter. High interest in Ark and OU, Medium interest in Michigan Bay, SMU, TCU and A&M. All have offered but A&M. Tough competition for SMU but you never know-Rutledge was getting big time attention as Junior until he got hurt and we ended up getting him. Also schools like OU, A&M(currently rated No 1 in country and already with 15 commits), and Mich sometimes run out a 'ships at certain positions. Looks like a great prospect.

Also, SMU is the first to offer 3-star DB Joey Sturdivant from Georgia 6-1,178 4.52 28.1 Vertical. Also interested in GaTech, Stanford, Mich, Maryland. "Nothing but a winner." Two Tittles in BOTH football and baseball. 133 Tackles and 1,012 rushing yards from scrimmage as junior. I believe we had a player in the late 1970s named Paul Sturdivant? (I checked he lettered in 1976-pretty good for a Texas Tech fan-huh?) Wonder if he's kin because SMU usually doesn't recruit Georgia.

Also there is a SS from Plano West named Joel Harvey runs a 4.43 and is getting looks at by solid programs. Isn't that where Jay Harvey an SMU starter under Rossley was from. Could be a brother."

-------------

Thanks to Stallion for digging that stuff up.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Borrowed info

Postby Recruiting Guru » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:47 pm

Ingram would be a huge pickup for the Ponies. The kid is a star waiting to happen. My sources tell me that his offer from Michigan is time-restricted, meaning they have enough linebacker candidates out there that if he doesn't commit by a certain date, they'll withdraw his offer and extend it to somebody else. Baylor reportedly has offered to do everything but put his picture on the sides of their helmets in an effort to get him to Waco. I'm not aware of an offer from Oklahoma -- if he gets an offer from the Sooners, it's hard to imagine him not heading north of the Red River to play for coach Stoops.

Joel Harvey is a mid-level prospect. He can play at many programs, but isn't the kind of game-breaker who can alter the perception of a recruiting class.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Return to Recruiting