PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Travis Ferguson

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Travis Ferguson

Postby Fresh » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:59 pm

I found this on Coach Rob's website (http://www.eteamz.com/metroplexrecruiting/):

Skyline High School has one the best defensive line duos in the state with Travis Ferguson and Steven Coleman. Travis Ferguson is the smaller of the two standing at 6'1", 280lbs. and runs a 4.9 forty. Travis is the stronger of the two and use great technique. He is aggressive and goes extremely [deleted] every play.

Travis is fully qaulified academically and is a member of the National Honor Society. Travis has scored a 990 on the SAT and a 20 on the ACT. Travis is being recruited by UTEP, ULL, SMU, North Texas, TCU, Rice, Iowa and a host of Ivy league schools. So far UTEP and ULL have offered Travis a scholarship, however I anticipate several other offers for "Tiny" during the season.

---------

But that was posted a month ago -- Coach Rob, is there any update on Travis? What about Steven Coleman?
Fresh
Varsity

Re: Travis Ferguson

Postby Recruiting Guru » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:52 pm

Coleman gets all the headlines, in part because he's bigger. But Coach Rob's assessment of Travis Ferguson is dead-on: he's incredibly strong and his technique is almost without a flaw. He's the type of guy who might not be the first one you notice on the field, but he'll make plays all day and will have the opposing coach talking about him after the game as someone who they couldn't stop. He is great at using his stocky build and his strength to occupy blockers, allowing linebackers to run free to the ball.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Postby Coach Rob » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:03 pm

I apologize for the lack of recent updates, however expect to see more updates in the near future. I will definitely have one after our game tonight vs. Plano East. Again the website: <A HREF="http://www.eteamz.com/metroplexrecruiting" TARGET=_blank>www.eteamz.com/metroplexrecruiting</A>
Coach Rob
Scout Team

Postby DallasDiehard » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:19 pm

Good luck against Plano East, Coach Rob.

And it's a great site - keep the updates coming! Give us the scoop on your guys, as they hopefully decide they want to play for the Ponies.

By the way, nice article in today's DMN on Coach Brittain and QB Arnel Rolfe.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Recruiting