PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HP prospect

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

HP prospect

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:11 pm

Highland Park QB Bill Foran (6-3, 205) has an offer from Illinois to play wide receiver. SMU also has shown interest, but has not yet made an offer, and I don't know what position the Ponies are considering him for.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Re: HP prospect

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Sep 11, 2002 6:52 pm

From what I've seen, he'll be a very average college player, at best. Nice kid, from what my daughter tells me, but doesn't look like a college player, at least not to me.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Fresh » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:06 pm

I've never seen him play, so I don't have an opinion.

But for what it's worth, when HP played Kelan Luker High at Ford Stadium Saturday, Foran threw three TDs, ran for three TDs and caught a 73-yard TD on an option pass. Maybe he's one of those guys who doesn't jump out at you, but just makes plays over and over and over again.
Fresh
Varsity

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:16 pm

I may have to re-think my earlier comment. I was at the game, and Bill was nothing short of amazing.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Hacksaw Jim Duggan » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:07 am

I know I'm late on this thing, but I don't check Ponyfans enough. I've been to the last 2 HP games, both Stephenville and Bishop Lynch, and I must say I am impressed. I have also watched the replays of the Lancaster and Plano games. Bill Foran has one of the best throwing motions I've seen in high school football. He throws a nice tight spiral and has a knack for putting the ball where it needs to be. He also runs a legit 4.5 and has good running back type moves. Bottom line, this kid can flat out run an offense. SMU needs a guy like this badly. I have no idea what we're waiting for. Offer him a scholarship.
HHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!<BR>USA!USA!USA!
Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Return to Recruiting