PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OL prospect heads south

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

OL prospect heads south

Postby PonyFan » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:29 am

It's being reported that OL Chad Smith (6-6, 295) of Allen, Texas, has committed to Baylor, after also receiving offers from SMU, Kansas, and a couple other schools.

I know it's a decent school, but why anyone would want to go there when you have other options is beyond me.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Re: OL prospect heads south

Postby Corso » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:36 pm

Not so fast my friend!

Smith's scholarship offers were from SMU, Kansas, West Virginia, Tulane, Tulsa and Baylor High. The former Allen HS coach is now an assistant at West Virginia, so it's a little surprising he didn't end up with the Mountaineers. His decision is a shame, though, because he's a great prospect.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby PK » Tue Oct 01, 2002 1:12 pm

Not so fast my "Not so fast friend".

He hasn't signed on any dotted line yet. I hope we don't give up on a kid just because he has given a verbal commit somewhere...you know the other schools aren't giving up on the kids who have given us verbals.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:44 am

Not so fast, my friend!

Good point, PK. If we'd given up on recruits in the past who previously had committed elsewhere, we never would have gotten Chris Cunningham (Texas A&M), Jamey Harper (TCU), and who knows how many others.

Hey, wait a minute .... when you say "Not so fast my "Not so fast friend", does that mean you're calling me slow?
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby PK » Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corso:
<B>Hey, wait a minute .... when you say "Not so fast my "Not so fast friend", does that mean you're calling me slow?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since you've brought it up....hmmmm?? Image
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Recruiting