PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU offers DT

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU offers DT

Postby Hoss » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:36 pm

I'm not sure how recent the offer was made, but SMU has extended a scholarship offer to defensive tackle Chadd Evans (6-4, 250, 4.9) of Tulsa (Washington), Oklahoma. The report I saw described Evans as having "great quickness for his size, but is more developed on the defensive side where he terrorized quarterbacks to the tune of eight sacks (as a junior)."

So far, he has offers from SMU, Colorado, Kansas and Tulsa, but also is said to be considering Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Purdue and UCLA.

I've watched his school play 3 times this season, and this kid is an amazing player. He looks like he's too small to play DT, but then you watch him and he repeatedly collapses the pocket, spends the whole game in the offensive backfield, harrassing QBs and smothering RBs. He'd look great in a Mustang uniform.
Hoss
All-American

Re: SMU offers DT

Postby RedRiverPony » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:55 pm

My nephew has played against Tulsa Washington HS, and when I saw your post, I called him. He said Evans is a monster who can completely dominate a game. He has played against some good players who have gone on to D-I colleges, and he says this guy is going to be real good at the college level.

Hopefully at SMU.
RedRiverPony
All-American

Return to Recruiting