PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jake Raulerson

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jake Raulerson

Postby mrydel » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:39 pm

I just caught the last end of a local sports segment but I got the idea he was impressed with Arkansas.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:45 pm

mrydel wrote:I just caught the last end of a local sports segment but I got the idea he was impressed with Arkansas.

Thanks Mrydel. Keep us updated.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby tristatecoog » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:57 pm

So he goes from a UT-Austin student/grad to wanting to go to UCLA's Anderson school (?) to considering SMU, UNC and Arkansas. Which of those three doesn't belong?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:23 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Arkansas would be the only one that has a total clean history.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoCal_Pony

Postby Stallion » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:35 pm

tristatecoog wrote:So he goes from a UT-Austin student/grad to wanting to go to UCLA's Anderson school (?) to considering SMU, UNC and Arkansas. Which of those three doesn't belong?

You know most would answer SMU because its not P5 like the other 4 schools he's has been to or considered
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU89 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:56 pm

SMU89

Postby Puckhead48E » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:50 am

Haha, love the enthusiasm. SMU MBA carries more weight in the region. UNC MBA carries more weight anywhere else. It may suck to hear that, but it's true. Doesn't mean it's a better degree, that's just the perception.
And if you think UNC's undergrad academic fraud impacts perception of their MBA or grad programs...they aren't related. Let's just hope he decides to attend Cox and helps the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Puckhead48E » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:56 am

Stallion wrote:
tristatecoog wrote:So he goes from a UT-Austin student/grad to wanting to go to UCLA's Anderson school (?) to considering SMU, UNC and Arkansas. Which of those three doesn't belong?

You know most would answer SMU because its not P5 like the other 4 schools he's has been to or considered

Seems he's trying to find a good grad program that also has a football team. In that case, with academics being important, Arkansas is the odd man out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:42 am

Except he may also be looking at some NFL money with which to start out and Coach B has a very good history of putting big linemen there.

It is also the SEC if he wants exposure in arguably the best of the best. And finally he may like those banjo sounds.
mrydel

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:48 am

Stallion wrote:

This is true, most would answer SMU.

But for someone actually pursuing an MBA, there is really no comparison, Arkansas does not belong.
SoCal_Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:38 am

Sounds like two basketball schools plus Arkansas to me. Nolan Richardson ain't walking through that door
RGV Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:30 am

But they will build Nolan a statue soon.
mrydel

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:38 am

http://youtu.be/ueZ6tvqhk8U
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby SMU89 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:47 pm

mrydel wrote:Except he may also be looking at some NFL money with which to start out and Coach B has a very good history of putting big linemen there.

It is also the SEC if he wants exposure in arguably the best of the best. And finally he may like those banjo sounds.

Banja
SMU89

Postby tristatecoog » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:27 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:

http://youtu.be/ueZ6tvqhk8U

Awesome.

Is he pursuing a FT MBA at UNC or some other program? I don't see Jake as being projected to be an NFL player so I assumed he was looking at maximizing his one year of free tuition. Hogs would be fun and not too far away but taking a step back on ultimate career progression. Even if he wants an MBA later (optimal), SMU or UNC (or even UT!) would be much better launching pads.

Ponies need some good QB protection.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting