PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jake Raulerson

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jake Raulerson has been accepted into #SMU's MBA program

Postby SMU89 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:14 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id ... er-to-ucla

His father said North Carolina and SMU currently are the favorites, but he also will consider Arkansas, where he travelled Thursday.
SMU89
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jake Raulerson

Postby Puckhead48E » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:04 am

Has he said where he wants to ends up post grad school? If it isn't in Texas, then he's going to UNC for his MBA. carries more weight on the east coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:17 am

Coach B at Arkansas is a pretty strong recruiter especially for O linemen.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 am

If Raulerson transfers to UNC, will he be able to get a real MBA or will it just be a made-up one? I can't imagine that a UNC vaporware degree carries any more weight than a dirty diaper, much less a prestigious MBA from SMU.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyPlayer4 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:33 am

Need.
PonyPlayer4
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:29 am

PerunaPunch wrote:If Raulerson transfers to UNC, will he be able to get a real MBA or will it just be a made-up one? I can't imagine that a UNC vaporware degree carries any more weight than a dirty diaper, much less a prestigious MBA from SMU.

As pointed out a UNC MBA carries more weight and is more prestigious outside of Texas than SMU. AS far as academic fraud is concerned he is choosing between 2 schools that have been caught for Academic fraud in SMU and UNC as well as one that has not been caught in Arkansas. I believe his girlfriend is in Dallas so we'll see if she can give SMU some Craig James/Marquis Frazier type help.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:45 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
PerunaPunch wrote:If Raulerson transfers to UNC, will he be able to get a real MBA or will it just be a made-up one? I can't imagine that a UNC vaporware degree carries any more weight than a dirty diaper, much less a prestigious MBA from SMU.

As pointed out a UNC MBA carries more weight and is more prestigious outside of Texas than SMU. AS far as academic fraud is concerned he is choosing between 2 schools that have been caught for Academic fraud in SMU and UNC as well as one that has not been caught in Arkansas. I believe his girlfriend is in Dallas so we'll see if she has a Craig James/Marquis Frazier.

You are going to have to help me out on the recent academic fraud involving SMU coursework that SMU was caught for. It must have slipped my mind.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby footballdad » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:14 pm

SMU MBA better?

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandr ... int=9dc208
footballdad
Hall of Famer

Postby smupony94 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:52 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

As pointed out a UNC MBA carries more weight and is more prestigious outside of Texas than SMU. AS far as academic fraud is concerned he is choosing between 2 schools that have been caught for Academic fraud in SMU and UNC as well as one that has not been caught in Arkansas. I believe his girlfriend is in Dallas so we'll see if she has a Craig James/Marquis Frazier.

You are going to have to help me out on the recent academic fraud involving SMU coursework that SMU was caught for. It must have slipped my mind.

Keith Frazier was not at SMU
smupony94

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:49 pm

smupony94 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:[quote="PerunaPunch"]If Raulerson transfers to UNC, will he be able to get a real MBA or will it just be a made-up one? I can't imagine that a UNC vaporware degree carries any more weight than a dirty diaper, much less a prestigious MBA from SMU.

Keith Frazier was not at SMU[/quote]
That was my point. I will work on being less subtle.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Jake Raulerson

Postby PonySnob » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:05 pm

smupony94 wrote:
Grant Carter wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:[quote="PerunaPunch"]If Raulerson transfers to UNC, will he be able to get a real MBA or will it just be a made-up one? I can't imagine that a UNC vaporware degree carries any more weight than a dirty diaper, much less a prestigious MBA from SMU.

Keith Frazier was not at SMU[/quote]

Didn't an SMU employee do some of his schoolwork?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby malonish » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:08 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Didn't an SMU employee do some of his schoolwork?

Sarcasm font
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunaPunch » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Mountain vs. Molehill

It's imposible to control the actions of one person. When the issue was discovered, SMU immediately took the only corrective actions available, which was to report the infraction and terminate the employee. One person. It happened and was swiftly and immediately dealt with. This could happen to any institution and frequently does.

By comparison, the UNC scandal involves 3,100 students (most of which were student-athletes), an entire shadow department/curriculum, and the rampant infractions occurred over a period of 20 years. It's widely regarded as the worst academic fraud in NCAA history. Really there should be no comparison.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTime » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:57 pm

footballdad wrote:
Last edited by PonyTime on Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:24 pm

PerunaPunch wrote:Mountain vs. Molehill

It's imposible to control the actions of one person. When the issue was discovered, SMU immediately took the only corrective actions available, which was to report the infraction and terminate the employee. One person. It happened and was swiftly and immediately dealt with. This could happen to any institution and frequently does.

By comparison, the UNC scandal involves 3,100 students (most of which were student-athletes), an entire shadow department/curriculum, and the rampant infractions occurred over a period of 20 years. It's widely regarded as the worst academic fraud in NCAA history. Really there should be no comparison.

Regardless, if you want to go back in time (over 20+ years) to pre DP days there were players here that hardly attended class and passed. And any online class at SMU by an athlete is probably not a good idea after the Keith Frazier academic fraud thing. Bottom line is he is probably not looking at cheating as a criteria because SMU has been caught cheating more times than anyone in NCAA history and UNC is not innocent. Arkansas would be the only one that has a totally clean history. So he probably looking at other factors. Let's just hope that being close to his girlfriend plays the biggest factor. If we look at history girlfriends play key roles in recruiting and that very well may be the case in this situation. If so think we win this one hands down.
Last edited by Rebel10 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting