PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

11 Minutes of Tyler Page Senior Gold

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: 11 Minutes of Tyler Page Senior Gold

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Unfortunately Page may be the one with the ankle break. In pictures at the Houston Touchdown Club he is pictured accepting his Finalist Award for Offensive Player of the Year looking dapper in a classic suit and tie and wearing a big white cast on his left leg. He was hurt on the first play of the 4th round of the playoffs
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Well, I guess that will keep him committed to us and retain the redshirt...
JasonB

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:00 pm

With the depth we have at receiver Page would have had to really stand out in fall camp to have any chance of touching the field. Add to that and the fact he'll be adjusting to a new position and I think the plan all along was to redshirt him unless he simply blew them away.

BTW, hearing the coaches love the potential of Joshua Shelmire. Along with Proche he's probably the fastest guy on the team. He needed a redshirt year moving from private school ball to D1A but I fully expect him to push guys like Shelby Walker and Myron Guilliard.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:06 pm

I think SMU fans watching spring practice are going to shocked about how many great players we sat on the bench this year. Greatest infusion of new talent in Decades
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 pm

Stallion wrote:I think SMU fans watching spring practice are going to shocked about how many great players we sat on the bench this year. Greatest infusion of new talent in Decades

Todora and KD could've started for us this year but the coaches didn't want to toss them into the deep end and destroy their confidence. Todora is upwards of 285 and KD is 300. Physically ready to roll next year.

Corey Rau has the size and skill but the coaches were pretty shocked by how soft he was in practice. Hopefully a year of getting bigger and stronger will aid him.

Josh Shelmire is going to get on the field. Speed demon.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Previous

Return to Recruiting