PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

11 Minutes of Tyler Page Senior Gold

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

11 Minutes of Tyler Page Senior Gold

Postby Stallion » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:26 am

one of the greatest instinctive running QBs I've ever seen. 2100 yards rushing this year-2100 last year. There are 20 runs in this video which would make Johnny Manziel blush. What to do with him? Probably a receiver but hmm......

You owe it to yourself to watch this video-Enjoy

He was named a Finalist for the Houston Touchdown Club Offensive Player of the Year tonite

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2817400/57c ... 3cf82853e9
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: 11 Minutes of Tyler Page Senior Gold

Postby smusic 00 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:35 am

Mmmmm
smusic 00

Postby ericdickerson4life » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:46 am

It was a shame he got hurt on the first play of the playoff game against Cinco Ranch. Would have loved to see him live.
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:15 pm

Certainly wears the jersey number for a reason. Doesn't have the arm strength Manziel had but certainly love the acceleration and shift.
JasonB

Postby Lotus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:26 pm

Looks like he could play several different positions.
SMU! SMU! SMU!
Lotus
All-American

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:06 pm

I sure hope that we keep Tyler Page as a QB. He may not have the ideal size, but his ability to make plays would be welcome at the QB position. Not sure why we would move him to another position. The kid looks like one heck of a QB.

Manziel did not have ideal size for a QB, but he was given the opportunity to play QB. This is college football (not the NFL). Most QBs in college do not have the ideal size. Manziel was an incredible QB in college and was electric on the field. Manziel was not a WR, a RB, or a Safety. Tyler Page should be given the opportunity to be our QB. Tyler Page is not a WR, a RB, or a Safety.
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Wild Mustang wrote:I sure hope that we keep Tyler Page as a QB. He may not have the ideal size, but his ability to make plays would be welcome at the QB position. Not sure why we would move him to another position. The kid looks like one heck of a QB.

Manziel did not have ideal size for a QB, but he was given the opportunity to play QB. This is college football (not the NFL). Most QBs in college do not have the ideal size. Manziel was an incredible QB in college and was electric on the field. Manziel was not a WR, a RB, or a Safety. Tyler Page should be given the opportunity to be our QB. Tyler Page is not a WR, a RB, or a Safety.

You're trending
One Trick Pony

Postby StallionsModelT » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Chad Morris loves to use RB/WR that can throw the ball. We've done it several times the past few years. Might be a nice option to have someone like Page at receiver who can chunk it.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:51 pm

I am all for the coaching philosophy of putting the ball in the hands of our playmakers and let our playmakers make plays. We need a QB that is a playmaker. Tyler Page looks like a playmaker. DJ Gillins looks like a playmaker. Charlie Brewer looks like a playmaker. Haven't seen Peavy play yet, but have heard and read good things. Having a QB that can move out of the pocket and get a first down with his feet can be electric and flat out difficult to defend. SMU needs a leader at the QB position that can makes plays to win games.

Imagine having any of our next SMU QBs on the field with Xavier Jones, Courtland Sutton, James Proche, Trey Quinn, Xavier Castille. Our offense would really leave the defense guessing with so many options. One can dream :)
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:56 pm

I want a playmaker but I also want someone that can run the offense efficiently. You don't see Deshaun Watson scrambling much because he knows how to run the play that is called. We've got a nice receiving corp now I want someone who can utilize their talents
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Exactly. DeShaun runs on designed runs, not just drop back and scramble. Hicks did not run enough last years. Granted he is not a runner and we could not afford for him to get hurt, but it severely limited our offense. Peavy may not be the answer but he was highly touted at Arkansas and is an SEC level QB just as Gillins was Bjg 10 level. It will be a fun competition.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby JasonB » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:04 pm

Someone will end up transferring at some point, but I think CM will find a way to get page on the field. Not sure if he has the arm strength at QB.
JasonB

Postby ericdickerson4life » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:20 pm

mrydel wrote:Exactly. DeShaun runs on designed runs, not just drop back and scramble. Hicks did not run enough last years. Granted he is not a runner and we could not afford for him to get hurt, but it severely limited our offense. Peavy may not be the answer but he was highly touted at Arkansas and is an SEC level QB just as Gillins was Bjg 10 level. It will be a fun competition.

You're such a Peavy homer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:14 am

The guy is a freak athlete and has great vision-wow.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 am

Will be an ankle breaker in the slot.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Next

Return to Recruiting