PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Charlie Brewer Wins AP Texas (All Classes) Player of Year

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Charlie Brewer Wins AP Texas (All Classes) Player of Yea

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:18 am

StallionsModelT wrote:Yep the most gutted D1A roster in the country offered Charlie.

I wouldn't try to diminish the Baylor offer. They have Zach Smith there and a good head coach.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ebrooks11 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 am

Rebel10 wrote:
StallionsModelT wrote:Yep the most gutted D1A roster in the country offered Charlie.

I wouldn't try to diminish the Baylor offer. They have Zach Smith there and a good head coach.

A Baylor offer this year is the equivalent of a Paul Quinn college offer.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:02 am

actually as someone who is following their offers- not pulling crap out of their ass- Baylor is basically offering only top talent right now-Top 150 Texas and some in Florida and California
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ebrooks11 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:14 am

Stallion wrote:actually as someone who is following their offers- not pulling crap out of their ass- Baylor is basically offering only top talent right now-Top 150 Texas and some in Florida and California

How many of those have they landed?
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:19 am

still ZERO-they have signed the single remaining commitment they had-Baylor fans are freaking out but I'm not really surprised since Baylor coaches can't recruit off campus and none of their Coaches have pre-existing relationships with the recruits. Baylor's search committee put them in this situation by swinging and missing with Morris and then waiting about 2 weeks to sign Rhule.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby ebrooks11 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:22 am

Im as excited about Charlie as I have been about any recruit we have had in a while. My point is that Baylor is scrambling right now and an offer from them doesn't hold much water in my eyes. They are to the point where they just throw a bunch of offers on the wall and see what sticks.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:37 pm

ebrooks11 wrote:Im as excited about Charlie as I have been about any recruit we have had in a while. My point is that Baylor is scrambling right now and an offer from them doesn't hold much water in my eyes. They are to the point where they just throw a bunch of offers on the wall and see what sticks.

I think what Stallion is pointing out is that they aren't there yet. They are still only offering top kids, so Brewer is really high in their estimation. That offer is probably driven by the SA high school coach they hired?
JasonB

Postby gostangs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:03 pm

Don't underestimate any p-5 offer. We will likely red shirt him, so he isn't playing next year anyway. Within 12 months Baylor will be landing a decent class again. Maybe not where they were but middle of the Big 12 stuff.

I think some of you underestimate the draw of P-5 for these kids. It takes a master salesman like Chad to just stay in the hunt.

Hopefully he is mentally a Mustang, ready to hit school next semester and good to go.
gostangs

Previous

Return to Recruiting