PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cade Brewer to Texas

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cade Brewer to Texas

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:22 pm

The Herman-Morris competition is going to remain strong for sometime. I hope it continues with Morris at SMU.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:26 pm

mavsrage311 wrote:Cade just made it official on Twitter. I bet we rebound with a damn good TE to replace him.

As stallion has pointed out that we already have some good tight ends on the team already that are young.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby stc9 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:50 am

Rebel10 wrote:
mavsrage311 wrote:Cade just made it official on Twitter. I bet we rebound with a damn good TE to replace him.

As stallion has pointed out that we already have some good tight ends on the team already that are young.

My personal preference is instead of offering another TE, we offer another OL or CB. You can never have too many or too much depth at either position.
Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall
stc9
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:32 am

stc9 wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:

My personal preference is instead of offering another TE, we offer another OL or CB. You can never have too many or too much depth at either position.

or find another LB
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:53 am

Rebel10 wrote:

Rau, Becker, Kaufman and Severt are the only TEs listed on roster. Spring ball should be interesting to see if any guys change positions. I've wondered whether Alex Honey could beef up and compete for time at TE? Morris always had taller athletic guys at TE at Clemson who were frequently targeted in his offense.
Charleston Pony

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:56 pm

you can also line up a RB like Ke'mon Freeman at the position or even Braeden West. I remember when Morris or maybe Malzhan was at Tulsa they used to line up their big RB as an H-Back and bring him out of the backfield in deep routes. In fact they beat SMU in the 4th Quarter by doing that one year. Very effective all year
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:45 am

Herman tries to load up on tight ends to run his offense, mostly blocking with limited catches. He signed three tight ends in his first class at UH. One was a JUCO and the other two were freshmen. The JUCO didn't pan out and the two freshmen redshirted. One is still a TE and the other is an OLB.

He also picked up Chris Johnson, the Baylor TE/QB grad transfer, this year and he saw limited action.

Wish you could've held on to both Brewers but good thing the QB is still in the fold.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Recruiting