PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Go check Charlie Brewer's twitter

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Go check Charlie Brewer's twitter

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Is there any good news?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sbsmith » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:54 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:What a sad dream to show your talents in places like Stillwater, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Morgantown, Norman, and Fort Worth.

Have fun, Charlie.

You forgot Austin
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:02 pm

sbsmith wrote:
DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:What a sad dream to show your talents in places like Stillwater, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Morgantown, Norman, and Fort Worth.

Have fun, Charlie.

You forgot Austin

Whoopie :roll:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:26 pm

Have fun, Charlie.

Those places have a couple important things we don't...like fans.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:32 pm

mtrout wrote:

Have fun, Charlie.

No amount of fans make it fun to play at: Morgantown, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Stillwater or Norman. At best Austin (nbd) and Ft Worth (meh).
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ericdickerson4life » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:35 pm

Onward and upward. Good luck chuck. Enjoy Waco. Great class you'll be signing with. And no one will transfer out. Ready to dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ericdickerson4life
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:53 pm

JasonB wrote:Hopefully Chad flirting with Baylor won't have the same impact as June flirting with ASU. I know what June did was a big disaster and different, but we will see.

No it won't but people like yourself saying he is a one and done coach at SMU if he has a good season next year will hurt recruiting. Recruits notice things like that and not many recruits want to commit to a coach that everyone says is headed to another school next year be it A&M or anywhere else.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:56 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Wow just wow, I mean had a bad feeling when he got the offer but that was a long time ago. I can't believe he waited till now to switch to that dumpster fire. I get his brother picking UT but baylor really? That's a head scratcher.

Its not his brother-they aren't related
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:12 pm

Stallion wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Wow just wow, I mean had a bad feeling when he got the offer but that was a long time ago. I can't believe he waited till now to switch to that dumpster fire. I get his brother picking UT but baylor really? That's a head scratcher.

Its not his brother-they aren't related

Oh gotcha on the fact check, I thought I read somewhere on someone calling them brewer brothers. Oh well more fake news. Nevertheless neither one of them are here now.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:26 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
mtrout wrote:

Have fun, Charlie.

No amount of fans make it fun to play at: Morgantown, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Stillwater or Norman. At best Austin (nbd) and Ft Worth (meh).

I hope that makes you feel better about things but athletes don't really give a [deleted] what city their school is in. It's a nice bullet point that old people like to talk about. Athletes want to get campus respect, props on twitter, and play in front of real fans.

If Dallas was such a real asset to football then maybe we wouldn't get outperformed by teams from great places such as Hattiesburg, MS.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby ebrooks11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:47 pm

mtrout wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
mtrout wrote:[quote="DanFreibergerForHeisman"]
What a sad dream to show your talents in places like Stillwater, Waco, Lubbock, Manhattan, Ames, Morgantown, Norman, and Fort Worth.

Have fun, Charlie.

I hope that makes you feel better about things but athletes don't really give a [deleted] what city their school is in. It's a nice bullet point that old people like to talk about. Athletes want to get campus respect, props on twitter, and play in front of real fans.

If Dallas was such a real asset to football then maybe we wouldn't get outperformed by teams from great places such as Hattiesburg, MS.[/quote]
Nailed it. Our fan base needs to take the SMU blinders off and realize the majority of recruits really could care less about what their diploma on the wall says. They just want to play ball and when your choices are the Big 12 or 12k fans a game SMU its a no brainer for most of them.
ebrooks11
Heisman

Postby smupony94 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:56 pm

Not many recruits go to Hattiesburg
smupony94

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:03 pm

Well they've had 13 winning seasons since 2000. How are we doing?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby HubbaHubba » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:05 pm

I guess he doesn't care much about his future. Team going down the crapper and he'll go along for the ride. That dumpster fire in Waco is just starting to burn. Hopefully he can transfer and salvage his career when things get even worse.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby ebrooks11 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:10 pm

Yeah everyone who graduates from Baylor from here on are destined for homelessness.
ebrooks11
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting