PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Go check Charlie Brewer's twitter

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Go check Charlie Brewer's twitter

Postby mtrout » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:30 am

They're not getting jobs. They're all going to the league!
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony81 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:24 pm

These "solid commits", who have " great relationships with the coach" , who then decommit in the 11th hour are why coaches don't feel much remorse when leaving for another job.

People - recruits and coaches - rightly do what is in their best interest with little sentimentality.

SMU will have a hard time recruiting against Big 12 Texas schools but can recruit against KU and ISU.

I'm surprised Brewer decommitted. I think he needs time to develop his college game and BU will likely play him too early with little O line talent to allow him to succeed.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Go check Charlie Brewer's twitter

Postby oilpony » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Chance to play at a P5 school. Can't blame him.
oilpony
All-American

Postby gostangs » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:18 pm

"Some Baylor fans are laughing at how easily they plucked SMU bellcow recruit. With the exception of a couple of our offensive linemen recruits, I can't think of any of our other commits they would want..... With a possible exception of Medlock?"

It probably makes them feel better since our coach gave them the Heisman.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JohnnyRock » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:22 pm

Another recruiting class with no qb - I have not seen a coach go two recruiting classes without a high school qb commit - not a good sign for SMU
JohnnyRock
Recruit

Postby deucetz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:16 pm

JohnnyRock wrote:Another recruiting class with no qb - I have not seen a coach go two recruiting classes without a high school qb commit - not a good sign for SMU

I feel he is getting seasoned QBs with transfers. Get them one way or another. It's not like he didn't get a QB in the class like last year.
deucetz
All-American

Postby mtrout » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:36 pm

What level of QB are these guys? Will Hicks beat them all out?
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:08 pm

both former 4 stars
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby JohnnyRock » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:52 pm

Maybe the kid thought he would get to play sooner at Baylor - it would be tough to beat out Hicks and two seasoned transfers - I think Baylor struggles going forward
JohnnyRock
Recruit

Postby smuaustin1971 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:52 am

Of course I am biased, but I certainly would not let my son (or daughter) go to Baylor under any circumstances at this time. Until someone shows something different, there are significant moral issues that I so not see how a family could overlook... Why would you want a family member to be associated with Baylor in 2017?
smuaustin1971
Scout Team

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:03 am

See for me, I'm okay with my future children going to Baylor (being Baptist and all) but have no problem with academics just the athletic department. Of course, I'm going to pressure SMU but would settle for Baylor over others like TCU or UT ugh...
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ready4abowl » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:18 am

smuaustin1971 wrote:Of course I am biased, but I certainly would not let my son (or daughter) go to Baylor under any circumstances at this time. Until someone shows something different, there are significant moral issues that I so not see how a family could overlook... Why would you want a family member to be associated with Baylor in 2017?

I certainly would not let my son (or daughter) go to Baylor under any circumstances

FIFY

I mean you couldn't DANCE at this place in the mid 90s. How out of touch with the world can one be?!?!?!
Restore the 80s Glory!
ready4abowl
Varsity

Postby ponypatrick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:25 am

ready4abowl wrote:
smuaustin1971 wrote:Of course I am biased, but I certainly would not let my son (or daughter) go to Baylor under any circumstances at this time. Until someone shows something different, there are significant moral issues that I so not see how a family could overlook... Why would you want a family member to be associated with Baylor in 2017?

I certainly would not let my son (or daughter) go to Baylor under any circumstances

FIFY

I mean you couldn't DANCE at this place in the mid 90s. How out of touch with the world can one be?!?!?!

Not so much "out of touch" as hypocritical , which I have found to be true of most of the Baptist institutions I have dealt with through the years , especially the Baptist Foundation of Texas !
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:52 am

just another sign that CCM is gone to A&M next year
Pony ^

Postby Stallion » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:59 am

He has to have the greatest year in the last 3 decades of SMU football to get there-probably needs 9-10 wins-at minimum 8 regular season wins in the Bank before A&M makes the hire
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

PreviousNext

Return to Recruiting