PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New QB Commit

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: New QB Commit

Postby No Quarter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:46 am

Hoofprint wrote:The way this guy runs, I wonder if he could bulk up a little and be Ke'Mon Freeman 2.0

^^^^^

This. I have no view about Upshaw's chances at QB, or Page's. But if either or both come on like Freeman and contribute at some position for SMU football, I'm happy, even if a RS year is necessary.

I'm still hoping that CM will land the first QB he targets like Moore and Brewer.

For 2017 I believe SMU QB play will be improved no matter who starts: Hicks, Davis, or one of the transfers. It does seem unlikely it will be a true freshman.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby whitwiki » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:06 pm

Does anyone really think Davis will be back and will be his normal self and that his normal self is good for the team?
whitwiki
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:42 pm

whitwiki wrote:Does anyone really think Davis will be back and will be his normal self and that his normal self is good for the team?

Probably not me actually, from what I've read on this board and maybe I should have put my remark differently. If he wants to return, I hope Davis gets the chance. After last season, and no matter how Hicks stands, and with the loss of Brewer, I believe anything that that might increase depth and / or competition at QB is good.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:13 am

OLfan wrote:
Digetydog wrote:
SMUguy wrote:[quote="Stallion"]LaPorte is a Greater Houston/Coastal traditional 6A powerhouse. In fact, LaPorte was eliminated from about the 3rd round of the 6A playoffs only by that incredible game by Friendswood's David Page (SMU commit) who ran for about 350 yards.

David Page is still eligible? He must be in his mid-30s, right?

David Page ... Tyler Page ... Alan Page ... Jimmy Page ... :wink:

Paige Davis is a SMU grad and pretty cute.

Was actually talking about her the other day. Her show certainly launched the whole DIY decorating/Fixer Upper craze. Any idea what she is doing now?[/quote]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Recruiting