PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Recruiting Class 2017 Thoughts

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Recruiting Class 2017 Thoughts

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:Am I wrong to say CM is the highest paid non-P5 HC.

Probably ranks 50th among all HC's?

Looks like Houston ranked the highest with Herman (obviously changed) but was #35 at $3m.
Cincy (Tuberville) is at #51 with $2.2m.
Navy (Niumatalolo) at #56 with $2m.

SMU is at blank probably due to our ability of not having to disclose as a private university.

Source: http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries

Well, Herman & Tuberville are gone and CM makes over $2M, so he might just be the highest paid HC at around #50.

Of course, best source I could fine though, does anyone know how much their respective replacements area? To your point, he's definitely top 3 highest paid non-P5 coaches, which you would expect that we would have the same in recruiting class. It's definitely fair criticism, however, I will say that changing the culture, and getting us to 5-7 with basically Obama-like disaster of a football team that JJ left him with is nothing short of a miracle. I think like president's this will be the year he is judged when he has a majority of the class as his own recruits. Also, have to add my conservative politics in, it's a Texas thing :)
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Don't you embarrass the school enough on twitter with your smu handle-keep your ridiculous political nonsense off the board. BTW SMU recruiting would probably be better off if a guy with your ultra right-wing opinions stopped contacting recruits directly-Thanks

Obama +20 Approval Rating (Rasmussen)

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... ssen-26999
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Stallion wrote:Don't you embarrass the school enough on twitter with your smu handle-keep your ridiculous political nonsense off the board. BTW SMU recruiting would probably be better off if a guy with your ultra right-wing opinions stopped contacting recruits directly-Thanks

Obama +20 Approval Rating (Rasmussen)

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pol ... ssen-26999

Huh? Twitter? I'm confused, isn't this a forum? To be fair, polls aren't always accurate, for proof: please see the election results. :D

"SMU handle-keep your ridiculous political non-sense off the board?" What non-sense could it be? Sounds like you are calling it non-sense because you just disagree with it. Fair statement? 8)
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Boston Pony » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm

If winning recruiting rankings was important Mack Brown would still be at UT. We need results on the field, so don't get hung up with rankings at this point. While recruiting is very important to the process, ranking or rating the recruits is unimportant until they are on the field. What I see right now is a more athletic football roster. Trusting the coaches to do their best in getting players, I hope that depth can be achieved at LB like it has been done at WR.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm

Of course, it's just from "pre-hitting" the field valuation. Like you mention, valuations can be flawed as shown by Mack Brown/Charlie Strong. I do believe that Chad knows what he's doing, and he has the schedule to make SMU look big. We just need to make sure to execute and with the terrific news of Sutton coming back and QB help, our offense should be a lot better.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Recruiting