PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chris Warren transferring

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Chris Warren transferring

Postby leopold » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:30 pm

Considering we are on the cusp of the off-season, I will begin posting relevant transfers.

I've watched Warren in a couple of games and he looks like another stud that has been mis-managed by the brain trust in Austin. Still has a redshirt year and would be good to go in 2019 with a few years remaining.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/ ... ion-change
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Chris Warren transferring

Postby redpony » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:43 pm

also the qb from michigan is leaving;. doubt if we have a chance at him but can always try.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Chris Warren isn't good enough to play RB for SMU-no way I'd take him over our recruit TaMerik Williams and he'd sit behind most of our RBs on campus. Might give him a try at TE since he listed at 6-4, 250 now. Don't know how you let a RB get that big
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby jimhagle » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:21 pm

How do we keep everyone happy at RB next year when there will be 5 really good ones competing?
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby StallionsModelT » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:50 pm

jimhagle wrote:How do we keep everyone happy at RB next year when there will be 5 really good ones competing?

For once we have something called DEPTH. If Xavier Jones stays healthy he will be the feature back. He's fast, elusive, tough, and makes plays in the passing game. West is a good change of pace. Freeman is your bulldozer and short yardage guy. Medlock may actually move to the slot so that gives you three veterans and a redshirt candidate in TaMerick Williams.
Back off Warchild seriously.
StallionsModelT

Postby malonish » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:21 pm

Stallion wrote: Might give him a try at TE since he listed at 6-4, 250 now. Don't know how you let a RB get that big

Two plates per trip to the buffet line.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Digetydog » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:21 am

leopold wrote:Considering we are on the cusp of the off-season, I will begin posting relevant transfers.

I've watched Warren in a couple of games and he looks like another stud that has been mis-managed by the brain trust in Austin. Still has a redshirt year and would be good to go in 2019 with a few years remaining.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2017/ ... ion-change

As a Texas fan, I have been watching the list of players who might transfer carefully. There are rumors that Buechelle might transfer as well. If he does, he is probably not better than Hicks.

It is crazy how much the offensive talent depth has improved.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:14 am

I could be wrong, but doesn't Warren have a helicopter dad?
Pony ^

Postby Black Horseshoe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Pony ^ wrote:I could be wrong, but doesn't Warren have a helicopter dad?

Worse than footballdad?
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:34 pm

Agree that RB is not a need for this team...focus on defensive transfers who might help right away
Charleston Pony

Postby Dark Horse » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Complete shot in the dark, but could he play DE, or did he ever try it in high school? The defensive line is losing a ton (Lawler, Gentry, Williams, Mixon, Horton) and someone in the 250 range who can really run would be appealing. Or how about linebacker? That would be a really big LB with some speed.

I don't know if he's better than our existing RBs or not, but I agree that's not a spot where we need a huge infusion of talent. The other spots need it.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Dark Horse wrote:Complete shot in the dark, but could he play DE, or did he ever try it in high school? The defensive line is losing a ton (Lawler, Gentry, Williams, Mixon, Horton) and someone in the 250 range who can really run would be appealing. Or how about linebacker? That would be a really big LB with some speed.

I don't know if he's better than our existing RBs or not, but I agree that's not a spot where we need a huge infusion of talent. The other spots need it.

That's a great thought but it appears the reason he's moving on is that he wants to remain at RB
Charleston Pony

Return to Recruiting