PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fallout from Frisco

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Fallout from Frisco

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:57 am

Opinions: After last night's debacle, does Sonny's recruiting job get easier or tougher.

FWIW, I'm certainly impressed with the signees so for.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: Fallout from Frisco

Postby Black Horseshoe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:07 am

Recruits were at the game last night and listening to them they understand that was a one off game
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:18 pm

Last night was definitely not a positive for recruiting in any way. However, given the circumstances and the fact that we have a new coach that has not even hired an OC, DC or most of the position coaches, strength coach and recruiting coordinator I think Sonny Dykes gets a pass from most recruits. He will have to sell him on his past results and his vision for the future of SMU football.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Opinion: much much harder other than if SD says yeah the current player is out of a job and you will get early PT.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Great athletes don’t like to be surrounded by players with loser-mentalities, which is 100% what we displayed out there. They can’t identify with it; they don’t like it.
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:14 pm

SMUer wrote:Great athletes don’t like to be surrounded by players with loser-mentalities, which is 100% what we displayed out there. They can’t identify with it; they don’t like it.

Then Sonny needs to make cuts on those that won’t change and convince those who will. The recruits will go if they see change and a game plan that makes sense. He really needs to get his staff together soon.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoss » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:47 am

I doubt the bowl game made much impact. Every new coach seeks the idea of change, new systems, new ways of doing things, every position is up for grabs, etc. Sonny still can sell that.
Hoss
All-American

Return to Recruiting