PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU adds walk-on QB

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU adds walk-on QB

Postby PonyPride » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:29 am

Pulaski (Arkansas) Academy QB Braden Bratcher (6-0, 185) said on his Twitter account that he has received and apparently accepted a preferred walk-on offer from SMU. Three-time state champion. As a senior, he passed for 764 yards and nine touchdowns and had 900 total yards ... in a single game, Pulaski's 84-68 win over Har-Ber (Springdale). His 764 passing yards set a state record and are the ninth-highest single-game total ever in any state.

Dec 18
I am excited to receive a preferred walk-on to SMU Football. I will work and earn my scholarship once I am there and playing for the Mustangs. Thank you @rhettlashlee for talking with me! Good luck in the #BocaRatonBowl ! #PonyUp

As a senior, he completed 327 of 483 passes (67.7 percent) for 5,196 yards (399.7 per game), 51 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU adds walk-on QB

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:23 am

For those that do not know, this school is the one that never punts and every kickoff is an onside kick. Coach says that you get 4 downs to make 10 yards so why waste one of them kicking.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:41 am

mrydel wrote:For those that do not know, this school is the one that never punts and every kickoff is an onside kick. Coach says that you get 4 downs to make 10 yards so why waste one of them kicking.
Curious on execution percentage.
One Trick Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:32 am

I will look it up later. I know they do very well. 80+ points will tell you that. But when they fail from 4th down on their own 2 yard line for instance, they tend to give up more points than most.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Return to Recruiting